Avast Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Guest, Nov 19, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    A while ago, I installed Avast Anti-Virus on my computer to replace AVG.

    The newer program works rather well, but I have noticed after performing a
    full scan that it will list files that it is unable to scan. The result of
    my most recent scan indicated that there are 1302 files that it is unable to
    scan, an increase from just a few files not too long ago.

    I am thus wondering if this should be a source of concern as a virus or
    something might be hidden somewhere in one of those unscannable.

    Would anybody have any advice on this? Is it something with my computer
    (most probably) or do I need to change the scan settings

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Nov 19, 2008

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    > From: <>
    >
    > | A while ago, I installed Avast Anti-Virus on my computer to replace AVG.
    > | The newer program works rather well, but I have noticed after performing
    > | full scan that it will list files that it is unable to scan. The result
    > of
    > | my most recent scan indicated that there are 1302 files that it is
    > unable to
    > | scan, an increase from just a few files not too long ago.
    >
    > | I am thus wondering if this should be a source of concern as a virus or
    > | something might be hidden somewhere in one of those unscannable.
    >
    > | Would anybody have any advice on this? Is it something with my computer
    > | (most probably) or do I need to change the scan settings
    >
    > | Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Insufficient information.
    > What are the files that were not able to be scanned ?
    >
    > Did it just give a number or did it gave you names of files and their
    > paths ?

    It gave the names of files and their paths.

    It might be worth pointing out that I attempted to rebuild this computer
    earlier this year, and what I wound up doing was just rebuilding over the
    previous setup -- that is, I installed an operating system over an operating
    system. Could that have something to do with it?

    Guest, Nov 20, 2008

  3. Guest

    - Bobb - Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >A while ago, I installed Avast Anti-Virus on my computer to replace AVG...

    Did you UNinstall AVG ?

    - Bobb -, Nov 21, 2008