    - added Danish language version

    Download from (free edition):
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 3, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    hatespam24 Guest

    Is this the same virus program that leaves a signature in the registry after
    you remove it from the nard drive?

    hatespam24, Jun 3, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    RonK Guest

    I just tried the new release and my computer would not connect to the
    internet no matter what I tried. Had to do a System Restore.
    Running XP 64

    RonK, Jun 3, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Interesting, since that would restore any old registry entries, but wouldn't
    change the new executable version

    John Barnes, Jun 3, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Also, did you download and re-install, or do you use automatic updating?

    John Barnes, Jun 3, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    RonK Guest

    Hi John,

    I was previously running NOD32 and uninstalled that first, Rebooted,
    Installed the new Avast, Did the required reboot and thats where the problem
    started.
    I uninstalled the new Avast and even after rebooting it would still not
    connect to the internet. Did the system restore and it connected.

    I just tried Avast again and the same problem started again - cannot connect
    to the internet.

    I am running Tiny Firewall as well and tried disabling it and still no
    connection untill I do the system restore.

    Uninstalled Avast again, Installed NOD32 and no problems.

    Thanks
    Ron

    RonK, Jun 3, 2006
  7. It wouldn't be the only one, if it is - I havn't tried uninstalling it, but
    Avast has put a utility on their site to take care of any problems that
    concerns a few machines/motherboards/systems that may be affected from an
    un-installation issue. This is available from the main menu, displayed in
    clear type and therefore no big problem. There are other A/V's to try, you
    either like them or not. Here, I find it awsome in every respect.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 3, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks for the clarification. I updated to the new version thru the program
    update feature within Avast, set to automatic for both virus and program
    files, and have had no problems connecting to the internet (satellite or
    dial-up). You seem to have a machine-specific conflict.

    John Barnes, Jun 3, 2006
  9. John:
    Followed your same procedure.
    Absolutely no problems down here.
    Working as a charm, as usual (and no shutdown problems!).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 3, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Graham Guest

    RonK wrote:
    > I just tried the new release and my computer would not connect to the
    > internet no matter what I tried. Had to do a System Restore.
    > Running XP 64

    That's not an intinsic problem with it: I'm posting right now and I have
    the update applied.

    Graham.
    Graham, Jun 3, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Graham Guest

    hatespam24 wrote:

    > Is this the same virus program that leaves a signature in the registry after
    > you remove it from the nard drive?

    What's with this continued smearing of Avast? I've got no interest in
    it, apart from being a satisfied user, but every time someone says
    anything about Avast, this nonsense comes up again.

    Graham.
    Graham, Jun 3, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jose Guest

    Of course you don't have any problems with this stuff, you work for them

    Jose, Jun 3, 2006
  13. Wrong assumption, José.
    I usually post news about new releases of many programs and drivers.
    Do I work for ATI, Realtek, Creative, etc.?
    Nope.
    If you knew where I live (most do know) you would not have made that
    assumption.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 3, 2006