Avant ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ionizer, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. Ionizer

    Ionizer Guest

    "MBankaT" <MBankaT@Lost&MapLess.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I caught up on some old threads, and saw mention of AVANT as an antivirus
    > freebee. All I know of AVANT is as a browser. Is there an AV ? Gotta
    > link
    > ? tia
    > MBankaT

    Your system clock appears to be set incorrectly. You are posting from the
    future.

    I wonder if perhaps you meant to ask about "Avast!" Antivirus:

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Ionizer

    Mike Easter Guest

    MBankaT wrote:
    > I caught up on some old threads, and saw mention of AVANT as an
    > antivirus freebee. All I know of AVANT is as a browser. Is there an
    > AV ? Gotta link ? tia

    Is your google key b0rken? It is Avant for the browser, Avast! for the
    AV

    http://www.avantbrowser.com/

    Mike Easter

    MBankaT, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Ionizer

    Old Gringo Guest

    MBankaT wrote:
    > I caught up on some old threads, and saw mention of AVANT as an antivirus
    > freebee. All I know of AVANT is as a browser. Is there an AV ? Gotta link
    > ? tia
    > MBankaT

    Now that you have the info to get there, I got it from the post you
    saw and wow seems to beat all the other freebies.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Ionizer

    elaich Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in

    > Your system clock appears to be set incorrectly. You are posting from
    > the future.

    In the future, maybe Avant has breeched out into the anti-virus field? ;)

    elaich, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Ionizer

    Nick Brown Guest

    elaich, <>, the pathogenic, macadamised grinner, and wild fowl decoy,
    honked:

    > "Ionizer" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Your system clock appears to be set incorrectly. You are posting
    >> from the future.

    > In the future, maybe Avant has breeched out into the anti-virus
    > field?

    The expression is 'branched', you woodworm infested twig.

    Nick Brown, Feb 24, 2005
  7. Mike Easter wrote:

    > Is your google key b0rken? It is Avant for the browser, Avast! for the

    ....pirates. Arrrrr!

    Sorry. Tried to resist; lost the fight.

    -
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005