    Has anyone tired Avant Browser? Is it used with IE or is it used like a
    separate browser? Is it worth downloading?

    Sharon

    Sharon, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Sharon

    Boomer Guest

    Sharon <> wrote in
    news:bnvd27$154j4v$-berlin.de:

    > Has anyone tired Avant Browser? Is it used with IE or is it used
    > like a separate browser? Is it worth downloading?
    >
    > Sharon

    It's a shell for IE. Give it a try.

    I'll stick with Mozilla. :)

    Boomer, Nov 1, 2003

  3. > Has anyone tired Avant Browser? Is it used with IE or is it used like a
    > separate browser? Is it worth downloading?

    AVant is a Shell of IE... it is worth the download and puts IE on steriods...

    I use it

    Popup blocker
    Tabbed browsing
    Multi Start pages
    Groups (ie opening several pages at once)
    Multi Proxy or quick bypass
    Skins

    blah blah blah rant rave

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > Sharon <> wrote in
    >

    >>Has anyone tired Avant Browser? Is it used with IE or is it used
    >>like a separate browser? Is it worth downloading?
    >>
    >>Sharon

    > It's a shell for IE. Give it a try.
    >
    > I'll stick with Mozilla. :)

    Me, too probably, but I still end up using IE from time to time. Like it
    or not some sites just work better with IE. Unfortunately, java still
    continues to cause me some problems with Netscape and Mozilla...and yes,
    I have a newer video card and the latest driver. *G*

    Sharon

    Sharon, Nov 1, 2003
  5. Sharon

    Boomer Guest

    Sharon <> wrote in

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> Sharon <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Has anyone tired Avant Browser? Is it used with IE or is it used
    >>>like a separate browser? Is it worth downloading?
    >>>
    >>>Sharon

    >> It's a shell for IE. Give it a try.
    >>
    >> I'll stick with Mozilla. :)

    > Me, too probably, but I still end up using IE from time to time.
    > Like it or not some sites just work better with IE. Unfortunately,
    > java still continues to cause me some problems with Netscape and
    > Mozilla...and yes, I have a newer video card and the latest
    > driver. *G*
    >
    > Sharon

    And I have an antique machine with no new hardware. Sun Java works
    fine with this Moz 1.5. Win 98 BTW.

    Boomer, Nov 1, 2003
  6. Sharon

    Mara Guest

    On 01 Nov 2003 04:38:51 GMT, Boomer wrote:

    >Sharon <> wrote in
    >
    >> Has anyone tired Avant Browser? Is it used with IE or is it used
    >> like a separate browser? Is it worth downloading?
    >>
    >> Sharon

    >It's a shell for IE. Give it a try.
    >
    >I'll stick with Mozilla. :)

    Have you tried the 1.6 alpha yet?

    --
    Stupidity, when maintained long enough, _is_ a form of malice.
    -- Richard's corollary to Hanlon's Razor

    Mara, Nov 1, 2003
  7. Sharon

    Boomer Guest

    Mara <> wrote in

    > On 01 Nov 2003 04:38:51 GMT, Boomer wrote:
    >
    >>Sharon <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Has anyone tired Avant Browser? Is it used with IE or is it used
    >>> like a separate browser? Is it worth downloading?
    >>>
    >>> Sharon

    >>It's a shell for IE. Give it a try.
    >>
    >>I'll stick with Mozilla. :)

    > Have you tried the 1.6 alpha yet?

    No.

    I was just reading this
    http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.6a/README.html#new

    What the...
    "Another massively requested MailNews feature, a preference for placing
    the user's signature above the quoted text, has been added."

    Does that mean what I think it means?

    BTW how are you feeling today?

    Boomer, Nov 1, 2003
  8. Sharon

    Mara Guest

    On 01 Nov 2003 16:05:21 GMT, Boomer wrote:

    >Mara <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 01 Nov 2003 04:38:51 GMT, Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sharon <> wrote in

    >>>It's a shell for IE. Give it a try.
    >>>
    >>>I'll stick with Mozilla. :)

    >> Have you tried the 1.6 alpha yet?

    >No.
    >
    >I was just reading this
    >http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.6a/README.html#new
    >
    >What the...
    >"Another massively requested MailNews feature, a preference for placing
    >the user's signature above the quoted text, has been added."
    >
    >Does that mean what I think it means?

    Sounds like it, but man, I hope not. That's not very bright. I just installed
    the browser only, as I always do, so I'm not sure. People will be getting
    slagged from here to breakfast if they use that - and rightfully so.

    >BTW how are you feeling today?

    Better, I think. :) The new antibiotic seems to be working, at least so far.

    "Thanks for your concern. You're a good person. :)"

    Mara, Nov 1, 2003
  9. Sharon

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 10:48:03 -0600, Mara wrote:

    >On 01 Nov 2003 16:05:21 GMT, Boomer wrote:
    >
    >>Mara <> wrote in

    <snip>

    >>I was just reading this
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.6a/README.html#new
    >>
    >>What the...
    >>"Another massively requested MailNews feature, a preference for placing
    >>the user's signature above the quoted text, has been added."

    <snip>

    >>BTW how are you feeling today?

    >Better, I think. :) The new antibiotic seems to be working, at least so far.

    Good for you, I had to go back and get a 2nd lot yesterday. Still
    feeling crap here. One of those dump unspecified RTI's

    I was a bit worried as this is the 1st time in about 12 yeard the 1st
    dose didn't work. Hopefully I won't need to change or the 1 type is not
    going to work next year or after.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Nov 1, 2003
  10. Sharon

    Boomer Guest

    Mara <> wrote in

    > On 01 Nov 2003 16:05:21 GMT, Boomer wrote:
    >
    >>Mara <> wrote in

    [snip]
    >>> Have you tried the 1.6 alpha yet?

    >>No.
    >>
    >>I was just reading this
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.6a/README.html#new
    >>
    >>What the...
    >>"Another massively requested MailNews feature, a preference for
    >>placing the user's signature above the quoted text, has been
    >>added."
    >>
    >>Does that mean what I think it means?

    > Sounds like it, but man, I hope not. That's not very bright. I
    > just installed the browser only, as I always do, so I'm not sure.
    > People will be getting slagged from here to breakfast if they use
    > that - and rightfully so.

    Groan! Maybe they should call the newer versions Mozilla OE. <sigh>

    >>BTW how are you feeling today?

    > Better, I think. :) The new antibiotic seems to be working, at
    > least so far.

    [snip]

    Glad to hear that! :))

    Boomer, Nov 1, 2003
  11. Sharon

    Matan, Kevin Guest

    Try MyIE2. Much more feature rich.

    www.myie2.com

    Matan, Kevin, Nov 1, 2003
  12. Sharon

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:48:05 -0500, Matan, Kevin wrote:

    >Try MyIE2. Much more feature rich.
    >
    >www.myie2.com

    No, thanks.

    http://www.tiggerstales.com/boards/talk2/posts/5495.html

    "It basically gives you a version of Internet Explorer...."

    http://cooltech.iafrica.com/downloads/273089.htm

    "MyIE2 is a multipage browser based on the Internet Explorer core."

    I'll stick with a more secure browser.

    <snip>

    Mara, Nov 1, 2003
  13. Matan, Kevin wrote:

    > Try MyIE2. Much more feature rich.

    Many people want browers, not IE bolt-ons.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
    Microsoft, 23 Oct: "As a result of challenges to our business model,

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 2, 2003
  14. Sharon

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    Sharon <> wrote in news:bnvd27$154j4v$-
    berlin.de:

    > Has anyone tired Avant Browser? Is it used with IE or is it used like a
    > separate browser? Is it worth downloading?

    I use it all the time. It's got a pop-up blocker and tabbed browsing.
    Similar to MyIE2, Greenbrowser and a few other tabbed browsers.

    Fuzzy Logic, Nov 3, 2003