Avant Browser more secure than Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by west488, Jun 19, 2005.

  1. west488

    west488 Guest

    The following was posted to CNET forums 12/14/04

    The Avant Browser is more secure than the Firefox Browser!!!

    It may surprise you to learn that at the present time, the Avant
    Browser is actually more secure than the Firefox Browser according to
    www.secunia.com, a website which verifies the security vulnerability of

    various products including web browsers. According to their latest
    reports on Firefox and Avant, Firefox has 4 vulnerabilities with one
    vulnerability having a partial fix. Avant, by comparison, only has one
    vulnerability. However, their is a fix for that one Avant vulnerability

    by upgrading to a more recent version of Java. After doing this
    upgrade, I ran Avant through the secunia.com security tests and it
    passed all of them with flying colors. It also passed all security
    tests on another website. With this upgrade, Avant has no security
    vulnerabilities according to these aforementioned security check
    websites.
    I tried Firefox and really liked the features it afforded via the
    extensions. However, without going into a lot detail about it, there
    were also some hassles associated with the use of Firefox including the

    inability to reach certain websites and an "anything but easy" initial
    plugin configuration in certain respects. Once I passed these initial
    challenges, Firefox was convenient to use as long as a few certain
    websites were avoided. Don't let me give you the wrong impression, I
    would give Firefox a very high score as a browser. It is very
    unfortunate that there are proprietary factors which come into play
    where browsers, like so many other computer related items, are
    concerned.
    Avant, however, was easy to use right from the very start. Easily
    configurable, Avant offers some excellent customizable options and some

    very attractive skins. In all respects including aesthetics, security
    and functionality, I highly recommend the Avant Browser and give high
    praise to it's creator, Anderson Che.

    west488, Jun 19, 2005

  2. west488

    Colyn Guest

    On 19 Jun 2005 10:46:53 -0700, "west488" <> wrote:

    >The following was posted to CNET forums 12/14/04
    >
    >The Avant Browser is more secure than the Firefox Browser!!!

    Interesting since Avant requires IE to be installed and updated and as
    a result it has the same vulnerabilities as IE...

    Firefox on the other hand is a standalone beowser which does not
    require IE.

    --
    Colyn Goodson

    http://home.swbell.net/colyng