    I am running a program which inverts a large matrix and want to access as
    much RAM as possible. If it has to use the swap file the solution time is
    untenable (it is about 1 hour without swapping).

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmFuZmllbGQ=?=, Jun 19, 2007

  2. Sorry, I have just checked the BIOS and that too is only reporting 3.28GB, so
    it looks like a hardware issue. Could have sworn I had checked it before!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmFuZmllbGQ=?=, Jun 19, 2007

  3. If you're lucky, you have a setting in your BIOS to enable 'Memory Mapping'
    this should resolve the issue - if you don't have this option, look for a
    BIOS update, if that doesn't help put pressure on the motherboard
    manufacturer.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 19, 2007
  4. Make sure you enable re-mapping of memory in the BIOS once you get the
    hardware issue resolved.

    From the sounds of it, you have very memory intensive application. That
    being the case, increasing beyond 4GB would be a good option. Depending on
    what mobo you have, replacing two or more of your current DIMMs with 2GB
    DIMMs may be possible. And the price of these 2GB DIMMs has come down
    substantially in the last few months to be almost affordable.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2007