    How can I clean up this list?

    Thanks,

    Craig

    Craig, Feb 17, 2009

  2. Craig

    Barb Bowman Guest

    you should be able to remove them from the list. if you are using
    Vista, go into the Network and Sharing Center, then Manage Wireless
    Networks.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Feb 17, 2009

  3. Hi
    In most cases the Wireless sources (SSID) that are used, logged on by
    mistake, or their signal was so strong that it attract the connection, end
    up as an entry on what is referred to as the "Preferred List".
    In Vista follow Barb suggestion above,
    http://www.ezlan.net/vista/vista_wlist.jpg
    WinXP looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    It is a good idea to perform a frequent cleanup of the preferred list
    keeping only the Wireless SSID that are frequently used.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 17, 2009