    hack.

    Thanks

    Peter Lawton
    Peter Lawton, May 16, 2005

  2. Peter Lawton wrote:
    > Does anyone know of AV software that works well on W2003 x64 ?
    >
    > We're currently using Symantec AV Corporate on 32bit servers, but
    > I've had a look at the x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it
    > won't update it's signatures from the parent server, it has to use
    > Live Update which I won't work through our proxyservers. In any case
    > the client looks like a 32bit hack.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter Lawton

    Avast has a network solution.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, May 16, 2005

  3. Peter Lawton

    Steve Guest

    Avast works but i read on planetamd64 that wouldnt be doing a very good
    job... meanwhile Ive read that Norton corporate will work.

    cheers

    Steve, May 16, 2005
  4. Peter Lawton

    Rick Guest

    Peter Lawton wrote:

    > Does anyone know of AV software that works well on W2003 x64 ?
    >
    > We're currently using Symantec AV Corporate on 32bit servers, but I've had a
    > look at the x64 client that ships with AV Corp10 and it won't update it's
    > signatures from the parent server, it has to use Live Update which I won't
    > work through our proxyservers. In any case the client looks like a 32bit
    > hack.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter Lawton

    I have been using ClamWin for about 6 months and it seems to work well.
    Rick, May 16, 2005
  5. The best situation here is to contact Symantec Support since you have
    invested in their product already. I am sure paid support already comes with
    AV Corp 10.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2005
  6. Steve wrote:
    > Avast works but i read on planetamd64 that wouldnt be doing a very
    > good job... -snip-

    Works great here. PlanetAMD64.com is great place to download things, but
    other than that, I avoid it.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, May 16, 2005
  7. Peter Lawton

    Bigbruva Guest

    Try this page for a list of AV software that works on 64bit Windows:

    http://wiki.planetamd64.com/index.php/Antivirus_software

    Just note that they do not differentiate between WinXP and WinServer 2003 it
    is just 64 bit compatibility they are listing

    HTH

    BB

    Bigbruva, May 16, 2005
  8. Peter Lawton

    Tosis Guest

    Anyone have experience with the beta NOD32 64bit software?

    Tosis, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Peter Lawton

    John Barnes Guest

    Quite a few and they seem happy with it. Do a search.

    John Barnes, Jul 14, 2005
  10. Peter Lawton

    NNBXX Guest

    Yes, I do. NOD32-x64 works flawlessly *without* MUI (I'm French), but badly
    *with* MUI. So, if you don't need any MUI, you can go with it. Very good AV,
    the best of all I think.

    NNBXX, Jul 14, 2005
  11. Peter Lawton

    Al Sweringen Guest

    I agree, it is a fine product, though still in Beta, it performs flawlessly.

    Al Sweringen, Jul 14, 2005
  12. Peter Lawton

    Tosis Guest

    Thanks,

    Just waiting for my WinXP 64-bit CD to arrive then I'll dive right in! :)

    Tosis, Jul 14, 2005