    open ports. To this point the only virus any of my machines got hit by was
    an old machine that hadn't been used in months got hit when I went online to
    perform updates.
    Dennis Pack, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Dennis Pack

    Michael Zerr Guest

    Haveing 3 firewalls is a bit of over kill I think. IMHO all you need is
    windows firewall turned on and if you want to throw down for a cheap
    router with NAT might be a good investment, anything else is just
    wasting resorces.

    Michael Zerr, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Michael, everything you said solves it all, no more, no less. We are taking
    this a bit extreme with Firewall issue, by the time they start writing
    viruses, trojans and spyware, XP Pro x64 will be obsolete and we will be on
    to the latest.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005