    Is their a way of setting this up as auto text perhaps using a macro? I can
    not use Word to edit the massages as it is not installed on this PC.
    Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
    M, Feb 20, 2007

  2. M

    MJP Guest

    "M" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In may job I am required to reply to numerous emails in Outlook with a
    > standard ending of several lines being my name, name of department, email
    > address, telephone number etc. I am not a fast typist and this is getting
    > tedious.
    > Is their a way of setting this up as auto text perhaps using a macro? I
    > can not use Word to edit the massages as it is not installed on this PC.
    > Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

    Use the "signature" option. This is similar to the autotext function in
    word.

    MJP
    MJP, Feb 20, 2007

  3. M

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:37:48 -0000, "M" <>
    wrote:

    >In may job I am required to reply to numerous emails in Outlook with a
    >standard ending of several lines being my name, name of department, email
    >address, telephone number etc. I am not a fast typist and this is getting
    >tedious.
    >Is their a way of setting this up as auto text perhaps using a macro? I can
    >not use Word to edit the massages as it is not installed on this PC.
    >Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

    I haven't used Outhouse for eons, but there's gotta be a Signature
    option there. Tools, Signature or some such?
    Evan Platt, Feb 20, 2007
  4. On Tuesday 20 February 2007 01:37 pm, M ranted on thusly:

    > In may job I am required to reply to numerous emails in Outlook with a
    > standard ending of several lines being my name, name of department, email
    > address, telephone number etc. I am not a fast typist and this is getting
    > tedious.

    Oh my goodness... If I were you, I'd complain to management for not giving
    you a training course in Outlook!

    You will want to use Outlook's signature tool. From Outlook's inbox, go to
    Tools - Mail Format. Click on the Signatures button. From this screen, you
    can create however many signatures you need. You can also choose to have
    Outlook add a signature to every email that you send, or you can have it
    insert it manually.

    --
    Michael Fierro (aka Biffster)
    http://apt-get.biffster.org Y!: miguelito_fierro AIM: mfierro1