Autostart Problem with Canon PS A570

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by voice_of_reason@australia.edu, Nov 16, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Greetings:

    I want to get a program to NOT autostart when I attach my PS a570
    camera. Can any tell how to do that?

    Background:
    When I used to contect my a75 to my computer, a window would open
    offering me a list of program to use to download the photos.

    When I installed the additional software which came with my new a570,
    I noticed a new program appear in that list -- CameraWindow

    I clicked on the program but did not like it. So I closed it.

    But now, however, whenever I connect my camera, it automatically fires
    up that program!

    How do I get it to revert back to offering me a list?

    I tried just renaming the unwanted program to junk thinking that when
    my computer couldn't find it it would go back to offering me a
    choice.....NOPE! Now when I attach the camera NOTHING happens. No
    choice, no autostart...nothing.

    Suggestions appreciated!!

    Thank you!

    , Nov 16, 2007

  2. Elmo Guest

    wrote:
    > Greetings:
    >
    > I want to get a program to NOT autostart when I attach my PS a570
    > camera. Can any tell how to do that?
    >
    > Background:
    > When I used to connect my a75 to my computer, a window would open
    > offering me a list of program to use to download the photos.
    >
    > When I installed the additional software which came with my new a570,
    > I noticed a new program appear in that list -- CameraWindow
    >
    > I clicked on the program but did not like it. So I closed it.
    >
    > But now, however, whenever I connect my camera, it automatically fires
    > up that program!
    >
    > How do I get it to revert back to offering me a list?
    >
    > I tried just renaming the unwanted program to junk thinking that when
    > my computer couldn't find it it would go back to offering me a
    > choice.....NOPE! Now when I attach the camera NOTHING happens. No
    > choice, no autostart...nothing.
    >
    > Suggestions appreciated!!
    >
    > Thank you!

    Right-click the camera (in My Computer), click Properties, click Autorun
    tab, and change your preferences there.

    --
    Joe =o)

    Elmo, Nov 16, 2007