    newsmast

    Any help greatly appreciated

    Mike

    Michael Dodsworth, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Michael Dodsworth

    Ingeborg Guest

    Michael Dodsworth wrote:

    > Hi, hope someone can help.
    >
    > I have a pc running Windows 95 but have a programme i need to run on
    > MS-Dos. Does anyone know (In simple steps) how i can automatically
    > get this pc to automatically start in MS-Dos instead of Win 95 and
    > also execute the following commands so the programme will start up
    > also automatically:- cd/news (<- shold be a backslash but my key
    > isnt working) newsmast

    Open a command prompt and type

    attrib -H -R C:\msdos.sys <enter>
    notepad C:\msdos.sys

    Edit the line BootGUI=1 to BootGUI=0
    Save.

    notepad C:\autoexec.bat

    add the lines
    cd \news
    newsmast

    Save, reboot.
    When you want to launch W95, type 'win' from commmand prompt.

    Ingeborg, Sep 14, 2007

  3. Michael Dodsworth

    Guest

    "Michael Dodsworth" <> wrote:

    >Hi, hope someone can help.
    >
    >I have a pc running Windows 95 but have a programme i need to run on
    >MS-Dos. Does anyone know (In simple steps) how i can automatically get this
    >pc to automatically start in MS-Dos instead of Win 95 and also execute the
    >following commands so the programme will start up also automatically:-
    >cd/news (<- shold be a backslash but my key isnt working)
    >newsmast
    >
    >Any help greatly appreciated

    Edit the autoexec.bat

    put a REM in front of WIN (or delete the line completely)

    add to the autoexec.bat

    cd/news - or D drive assumed - D:\news

    To start Win95 from DOS just type in WIN

    --

    Indian government tries to prove it's religion bogus. withdraws...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6994415.stm

    , Sep 14, 2007
  4. Michael Dodsworth

    Guest

    , Sep 14, 2007
  5. <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    > Woops
    >
    >>add to the autoexec.bat
    >>
    >>cd/news - or D drive assumed - D:\news\newsmast

    > --
    >
    > Indian government tries to prove it's religion bogus. withdraws...
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6994415.stm

    To both, many thanks for your help. I will try the solutions mid next week
    when i have access to the computer again.

    Once again, Thanks

    Mike

    Michael Dodsworth, Sep 15, 2007