    tia
    me
    --

    bassbag, Aug 9, 2007

  2. bassbag wrote:
    > Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
    > fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
    > the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?
    > tia
    > me

    as far as I know, its dependend on the website coding.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 9, 2007

  3. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > bassbag wrote:
    > > Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
    > > fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
    > > the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?
    > > tia
    > > me

    > as far as I know, its dependend on the website coding.

    Thanks...it seems the problem is that im using 800x600 resolution on
    w98.Changing to 1024x768 seems to fix the problem however i find my
    desktop and everything way too small at that resolution.I was hoping
    firefox may have had something in in its config settings that would
    auto adjust it to my resolution.
    Ahh well
    thanks anyway.
    me

    bassbag, Aug 9, 2007
  4. bassbag

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 9 Aug 2007 15:46:17 GMT, in message <>,
    bassbag wrote:

    > Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
    > fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
    > the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?

    The Opera browser has a "fit to width" option setting. It works
    well on some pages but not so perfect on a few.

    This option setting is not on the view menu. It is buried deep in
    the option settings.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Aug 10, 2007
  5. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On 9 Aug 2007 15:46:17 GMT, in message
    > <>, bassbag wrote:
    >
    > > Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
    > > fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
    > > the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?

    > The Opera browser has a "fit to width" option setting. It works
    > well on some pages but not so perfect on a few.
    >
    > This option setting is not on the view menu. It is buried deep in
    > the option settings.

    I have opera installed and it is actually under the view tab ,and
    indeed it works fine.I was hoping firefox may have a similar function
    in its about:config though.
    me

    bassbag, Aug 10, 2007
  6. bassbag

    Stranz Guest

    The idea behind that website oversize on your screen is to buy a new
    wide screen monitor. I was just on the jump to it. But in fact OPERA
    seems to fix this and MOZILLA not.
    The same misery happens with TV. You are just obliged to throw your TV
    into the dustbin and buy a new widescreen TV.
    This way more sales are forced.
    R.

    Stranz, Aug 11, 2007
  7. bassbag

    Rufus Steele Guest

    Stranz wrote:
    > The idea behind that website oversize on your screen is to buy a new
    > wide screen monitor. I was just on the jump to it. But in fact OPERA
    > seems to fix this and MOZILLA not.
    > The same misery happens with TV. You are just obliged to throw your TV
    > into the dustbin and buy a new widescreen TV.
    > This way more sales are forced.

    Uhh....... it's all about screen resolution, nothing to do with monitor
    viewing size.

    Or was that a joke that I just didn't quite get.

    Rufus Steele, Aug 11, 2007