    Fergal Guest

    How can I make Outlook Express autorun when I boot up my Win XP Pro machine?
    Thanks for any replies

    Fergal, Mar 11, 2009

  2. Fergal

    MJP Guest

    "Fergal" <> wrote in message
    news:cxTtl.5725$...
    > How can I make Outlook Express autorun when I boot up my Win XP Pro
    > machine?
    > Thanks for any replies

    Put a shortcut to it in the startup folder

    MJP

    MJP, Mar 11, 2009

  3. Fergal

    Fergal Guest

    "MJP" <> wrote in message

    > "Fergal" <> wrote in message
    >> How can I make Outlook Express autorun when I boot up my Win XP Pro
    >> machine?
    >> Thanks for any replies

    > Put a shortcut to it in the startup folder
    >
    > MJP

    I can't get the shortcut to stay in the folder, could you please tell me
    where I'm going wrong?

    Fergal, Mar 11, 2009
  4. Fergal

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Mar 11, 2009
  5. Fergal

    Mike Easter Guest

    Fergal wrote:
    > "MJP"
    >> "Fergal"
    >>> How can I make Outlook Express autorun when I boot up my Win XP Pro
    >>> machine?

    >> Put a shortcut to it in the startup folder

    > I can't get the shortcut to stay in the folder, could you please tell me
    > where I'm going wrong?

    You can use XP's Help function to tell you how: 'To start a program each
    time you start Windows' ...

    .... it sez R click on your Start button > Properties item > Start menu tab
    > Customize button > Advanced > now you are navigating in a 2 pane windows

    explorer in the Startup folder which will enable you to also navigate to
    the executable for Outlook Express named msimn.exe in the Programs folder/
    Outlook Express folder which you can drag&drop into the Startup folder.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 11, 2009
  6. Fergal