Autoplay?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jaredj34, Apr 22, 2005.

  1. jaredj34

    jaredj34 Guest

    I just finished build a computer and I having some issues with Windows XP
    Professional. After I installed Windows XP, I keep getting an "Autoplay"
    window with a searching flashlight and a status bar showing up every 10
    seconds or so. Also I cannot change the display settings from 800 x 600.
    Other than that, it seems to be working fine.

    Hardware installed:
    Intel D915GAVL Socket 775 Motherboard
    Intel P4 530 3.0Ghz 1MB Cache 800fsb SocT 775 HT
    Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC3200 DDR (2 x 512MB)
    Seagate 200GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/S-ATA-150
    XFX GeForce 6200 PCIe 256MB w/DVI/TV-Out
    Majestron SBT-CR16W 16in1 Int Memory Card Reader
    CD / DVD Rom
    CD-RW CD Burner

    I am sure I am having a conflict of some kind but I can not figure it out.

    Jared

    jaredj34, Apr 22, 2005

  2. jaredj34

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Sounds like your graphics adapter/driver not installed correctly.
    Checked Hardware Devices?

    MrGrumpy, Apr 22, 2005

  3. jaredj34

    FML Guest

    jaredj34 spewed forth...

    > I just finished build a computer and I having some issues with Windows
    > XP Professional. After I installed Windows XP, I keep getting an
    > "Autoplay" window with a searching flashlight and a status bar showing
    > up every 10 seconds or so. Also I cannot change the display settings
    > from 800 x 600. Other than that, it seems to be working fine.
    >
    > Hardware installed:
    > Intel D915GAVL Socket 775 Motherboard
    > Intel P4 530 3.0Ghz 1MB Cache 800fsb SocT 775 HT
    > Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC3200 DDR (2 x 512MB)
    > Seagate 200GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/S-ATA-150
    > XFX GeForce 6200 PCIe 256MB w/DVI/TV-Out
    > Majestron SBT-CR16W 16in1 Int Memory Card Reader
    > CD / DVD Rom
    > CD-RW CD Burner
    >
    > I am sure I am having a conflict of some kind but I can not figure it
    > out.
    >
    > Jared

    What drive is it trying to search?
    Is the Memory Card Reader recognized as a "drive"?

    FML, Apr 22, 2005
  4. jaredj34

    jaredj34 Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I do know know what drive the autoplay is searching.
    The window only says "autoplay" on the blue bar on the top of the window and
    a "dancing" flashlight with a staus bar and a continue button. It flashes
    on and off so fast but I am possitive that there is nothing in the window to
    identify which drive. I am going to disconnect everything tonight to try to
    eliminate the problem. I believe the card reader is working because the My
    Computer show 4 removeable disks on it.

    Jared

    jaredj34, Apr 22, 2005
  5. jaredj34

    FML Guest

    jaredj34 spewed forth...

    > Thanks for the reply. I do know know what drive the autoplay is
    > searching. The window only says "autoplay" on the blue bar on the top
    > of the window and a "dancing" flashlight with a staus bar and a
    > continue button. It flashes on and off so fast but I am possitive
    > that there is nothing in the window to identify which drive. I am
    > going to disconnect everything tonight to try to eliminate the
    > problem. I believe the card reader is working because the My Computer
    > show 4 removeable disks on it.
    >
    > Jared

    This wouldn't keep the drives from working. The removable drives are
    simply being scanned for autoplay as they are being mounted by the OS. I
    had a similar issue with a removable drive. I corrected it by
    downloading and installing TweakUI which allows you to permanently
    disable the autoplay feature on any drive letter. There are probably
    other ways to do it

    Betcha a nickel that's it.
    HTH

    FML, Apr 22, 2005
  6. Disconnect both CDs from the system, boot up and see you have the same
    message. If not, reinstall each one separately to see if one of them is the
    cause of the problem. Check the master/slave settings and that the cables
    are installed correctly.

    Atlas Shrugged, Apr 23, 2005