    Outlook Express 6 allows it under FORMAT > BACKGROUND > SOUND, but higher version are a mystery.

    Any help appreciated.

    Anthony

    Anastasio A Rossi, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Anastasio A Rossi wrote:

    > Doe anyone know how to configure Outlook (ver 10) to include music in a
    > message to auto play upon receipt? Outlook Express 6 allows it under
    > FORMAT > BACKGROUND > SOUND, but higher version are a mystery.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Anthony

    Why on EARTH would you want to do that?!
    Sending HTML email alone is an egregious disregard of others' bandwidth and
    security.
    Sending music along with HTML email hogs even more bandwidth and will have
    your correspondents screaming bloody murder at you, especially those who
    pay by the byte for their Internet connection.
    Just because it can be done is no reason to do it!
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 28, 2004

  3. On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 23:23:32 +0000, Anastasio A Rossi wrote:

    > Doe anyone know how to configure Outlook (ver 10) to include music in a message to auto play upon receipt?
    > Outlook Express 6 allows it under FORMAT > BACKGROUND > SOUND, but higher version are a mystery.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    Jesus H Christ do you want to keep your friends ? Music in web pages is
    bad enough, nevermind emails.

    --
    Michael Turner

    michael turner, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Anastasio A Rossi

    Smirnoff Guest

    Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    > Anastasio A Rossi wrote:
    >
    >> Doe anyone know how to configure Outlook (ver 10) to include music
    >> in a message to auto play upon receipt? Outlook Express 6 allows it
    >> under FORMAT > BACKGROUND > SOUND, but higher version are a mystery.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.
    >>
    >> Anthony
    >>

    > Why on EARTH would you want to do that?!
    > Sending HTML email alone is an egregious disregard of others'
    > bandwidth and security.
    > Sending music along with HTML email hogs even more bandwidth and will
    > have your correspondents screaming bloody murder at you, especially
    > those who pay by the byte for their Internet connection.
    > Just because it can be done is no reason to do it!

    I know that in newsgroups you should only use plain text but I was not
    aware that it is also considered bad form for ordinary e-mails. Why is
    this please?

    Smirnoff, Jan 28, 2004
  5. On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:00:29 +0000, Smirnoff wrote:

    > Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    >> Anastasio A Rossi wrote:
    >>
    >>> Doe anyone know how to configure Outlook (ver 10) to include music
    >>> in a message to auto play upon receipt? Outlook Express 6 allows it
    >>> under FORMAT > BACKGROUND > SOUND, but higher version are a mystery.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Anthony
    >>>

    >> Why on EARTH would you want to do that?!
    >> Sending HTML email alone is an egregious disregard of others'
    >> bandwidth and security.
    >> Sending music along with HTML email hogs even more bandwidth and will
    >> have your correspondents screaming bloody murder at you, especially
    >> those who pay by the byte for their Internet connection.
    >> Just because it can be done is no reason to do it!

    > I know that in newsgroups you should only use plain text but I was not
    > aware that it is also considered bad form for ordinary e-mails. Why is
    > this please?

    1.. Because it makes the email 2-3 times bigger.
    2.. Not every email client can render HTML.
    3.. Some people read email via a cell-phone connection 'pay by the byte
    for their Internet connection'...costing them $$$-£££-whatever.

    --
    Michael Turner

    michael turner, Jan 28, 2004