    But everytime I insert a CD, the option box comes up with that player
    highlighter, and the Always Use This box checked.

    How can I convince Autoplay that I really mean it?

    Dick Reuben, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Dick Reuben

    Dick Reuben Guest

    Re: Re: Autoplay Confusion

    On 18 Aug 2003 19:50:15 GMT, Boomer <>
    wrote:

    >Dick Reuben said:
    >
    >> Under XP Home, I keep setting the properties for both of my CD Drives
    >> with Autoplay set to use my Axialis player for music CDs.
    >>
    >> But everytime I insert a CD, the option box comes up with that player
    >> highlighter, and the Always Use This box checked.
    >>
    >> How can I convince Autoplay that I really mean it?

    >Via a Quick Google search I got these:
    >
    >http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art4985.asp
    >
    >Further information here:
    >http://tinyurl.com/ke84

    Nope---thanks, but these haven't solved the problem either, nor has
    using the Tweak UI utility.

    Any other thoughts?

    Thanks for your effort.

    Dick Reuben, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Dick Reuben

    Boomer Guest

    Re: Re: Autoplay Confusion

    Dick Reuben said:

    > On 18 Aug 2003 19:50:15 GMT, Boomer
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Dick Reuben said:
    >>
    >>> Under XP Home, I keep setting the properties for both of my CD
    >>> Drives with Autoplay set to use my Axialis player for music CDs.
    >>>
    >>> But everytime I insert a CD, the option box comes up with that
    >>> player highlighter, and the Always Use This box checked.
    >>>
    >>> How can I convince Autoplay that I really mean it?

    >>Via a Quick Google search I got these:
    >>
    >>http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art4985.asp
    >>
    >>Further information here:
    >>http://tinyurl.com/ke84

    > Nope---thanks, but these haven't solved the problem either, nor
    > has using the Tweak UI utility.

    :(

    > Any other thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks for your effort.

    You're welcome.

    If those two links don't help maybe searching here will?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    http://www.google.com/microsoft.html

    I haven't used XP in a few weeks but isn't there a setting in the
    Control Palnel> Add/Remove programs that can help?
    I had to do something (some place in that area) to "set" a few programs
    that MS wanted to control.

    Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

    Boomer, Aug 18, 2003