    Thanks.

    --
    Hannis

    Hannis, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Hannis

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Hannis" wrote in message news:425fea66$0$57943$

    > Whenever I put in a CD in my CD ROM drive, the CD ROM does
    > not display anything at all. I can only let it run by clicking the CD ROM
    > drive either in "MY COMPUTER" or "WINDOWS EXPLORER".
    > Can any body please tell me how to configure so that whenever a
    > CD is inserted the drive will react automatically.
    > OS is Windows XP Pro. SP2

    The AutoPlay Function Does Not Work and the Current Media Does Not Appear in
    My Computer When You Insert a CD or DVD
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817357

    Dave Lear, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Hannis

    CSimmons29 Guest

    this may work...
    Enable Autoplay with TweakUI
    Download the updated Windows XP PowerToys
    Open TweakUI.
    Click My Computer, click AutoPlay, then click Types.
    Select Enable Autoplay for removable drives.

    CSimmons29, Apr 16, 2005