AutoPatcher XP help.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Brian Tozer, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    The following is my understanding of the position relating to the various
    releases of AutoPatcher XP as offered free from www.autopatcher.com

    AutoPatcherXP_Gold.exe 186,618KB

    First Release 4.0.0 (October) Full =182.24 MiB

    Version 4.1.1.7 November Full = 183.90 MiB

    Version 4.1.1.7 November Update = 38.16MiB

    Version 4.2.2.9 December Full = 202.07MiB

    Version 4.2.2.9 December Update = 58.09MiB

    Version 4.2.3.2 January Full = 217.36MiB

    Version 4.2.3.2 January Update = 24.82MiB

    January Patch = 143 KB

    February Version 4.5 is due very shortly.

    I have a copy of the original AutoPatcher XP Gold 4.00 and have downloaded
    the January Update and the January patch.
    I am unable to find the information to know how and where to update my 4.00
    to the latest 4.2.3.2.
    Do I need the November and December updates, and if and when I do have all
    the updates, how do I integrate them all together to simulate or create the
    latest 4.2.3.2?
    The ideal solution would appear to be if some kind soul with a Hi-speed
    connection who has the latest version could burn me a copy on a CD.
    I would hope that I might have some suitable material that I could supply in
    return, even if it was folding stuff.

    Kind regards
    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Brian Tozer

    colinco Guest

    In article <c0tacl$v87$>, says...
    > I am unable to find the information to know how and where to update my 4.00
    > to the latest 4.2.3.2.

    From the link you gave

    "Remember, the update comes as two versions, a Full install, and an
    Upgrade install. If you choose the Upgrade, you will be required to
    have a copy of 4.1 already. "

    And when you've got that sorted, they're about to release 4.5 which is
    all new. You may as well wait.

    colinco, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    colinco wrote:
    > says...
    >> I am unable to find the information to know how and where to update
    >> my 4.00 to the latest 4.2.3.2.

    > From the link you gave

    > "Remember, the update comes as two versions, a Full install, and an
    > Upgrade install. If you choose the Upgrade, you will be required to
    > have a copy of 4.1 already. "

    > And when you've got that sorted, they're about to release 4.5 which is
    > all new. You may as well wait.

    Indeed, but a 200 meg download on dialup is not practical.
    Hence my enquiry/plea/entreaty for a copy of 4.2 as I have a need for it in
    the next few days.
    I will grovel if necessary.

    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Brian Tozer

    SNOman Guest

    Brian Tozer wrote:

    > The following is my understanding of the position relating to the various
    > releases of AutoPatcher XP as offered free from www.autopatcher.com
    >

    > AutoPatcherXP_Gold.exe 186,618KB
    >
    > First Release 4.0.0 (October) Full =182.24 MiB
    >
    > Version 4.1.1.7 November Full = 183.90 MiB
    >
    > Version 4.1.1.7 November Update = 38.16MiB
    >
    > Version 4.2.2.9 December Full = 202.07MiB
    >
    > Version 4.2.2.9 December Update = 58.09MiB
    >
    > Version 4.2.3.2 January Full = 217.36MiB
    >
    > Version 4.2.3.2 January Update = 24.82MiB
    >
    > January Patch = 143 KB
    >
    > February Version 4.5 is due very shortly.
    >
    > I have a copy of the original AutoPatcher XP Gold 4.00 and have downloaded
    > the January Update and the January patch.
    > I am unable to find the information to know how and where to update my 4.00
    > to the latest 4.2.3.2.
    > Do I need the November and December updates, and if and when I do have all
    > the updates, how do I integrate them all together to simulate or create the
    > latest 4.2.3.2?
    > The ideal solution would appear to be if some kind soul with a Hi-speed
    > connection who has the latest version could burn me a copy on a CD.
    > I would hope that I might have some suitable material that I could supply in
    > return, even if it was folding stuff.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Brian Tozer

    Hmm.. haven't seen this one before. We use HFNetChkPro

    http://www.shavlik.com

    Free for up to 10 PC's and one server but we have a licensed copy. The
    download is only about 50MB (from memory).

    Where are you? (relating to the download and burning of autopatcher)

    SNOman, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer Guest

    SNOman wrote:

    > Where are you? (relating to the download and burning of autopatcher)

    Thanks very much for your reply SNOman.
    A friend with hi-speed access has kindly offered to try and download
    AutoPatcher XP 4.2 for me overnight so I am hoping that will be successful.
    It appears that the use of AutoPatcher XP may not be as common as I had
    expected.
    Any further offers of it on CD would be appreciated in case we are not
    successful with the download.

    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Feb 18, 2004