Automobile Voice Recognition

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Sep 20, 2010.

  1. So, when I was in Texas on a contract, the only 2 week
    rental they had available was a Ford Fiesta with all
    the voice recognition paraphernalia...

    Sync... I'm not a big fan.

    The problem was, since I was not familiar with the territory,
    was that everytime I would say "Show gas prices" it would
    show "whorehouses"...

    I don't even know if I could get by with charging that off
    as an expense in this auditing environment, so I called my
    team leader back in Denver...

    He said that we'd already rented plenty of storehouses in
    the area and he would eMail me a list of them...

    I responded "welcome to the digital age" and hung up.

    I just got a bottle of digitalis via FedEx...

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 20, 2010

  2. Bucky Breeder

    richard Guest

    On 20 Sep 2010 18:37:10 GMT, Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > So, when I was in Texas on a contract, the only 2 week
    > rental they had available was a Ford Fiesta with all
    > the voice recognition paraphernalia...
    >
    > Sync... I'm not a big fan.
    >
    > The problem was, since I was not familiar with the territory,
    > was that everytime I would say "Show gas prices" it would
    > show "whorehouses"...
    >
    > I don't even know if I could get by with charging that off
    > as an expense in this auditing environment, so I called my
    > team leader back in Denver...
    >
    > He said that we'd already rented plenty of storehouses in
    > the area and he would eMail me a list of them...
    >
    > I responded "welcome to the digital age" and hung up.
    >
    > I just got a bottle of digitalis via FedEx...
    >
    > HTH.

    On my droid phone, it has voice recognition.
    I tried it out using one I knew it would have fits with.
    An area in cincinnati is known as "colerain". Google returned hits like
    'gold brain'.
    With the english language having so many oddities, it's a wonder that voice
    recognition even works.

    Like with the simple word, read.
    One voice reader thing I once had would pronounce "read" as "re-add'.
    Or how would these things respond to something like 'Wooster, Mass'.
    How about, 'Show map reading ohio'.
    pronounced as "redding".

    A programmer could easily go insane trying to figure it all out.

    richard, Sep 20, 2010

  3. Bucky Breeder

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/20/2010 1:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > So, when I was in Texas on a contract, the only 2 week
    > rental they had available was a Ford Fiesta with all
    > the voice recognition paraphernalia...
    >
    > Sync... I'm not a big fan.
    >
    > The problem was, since I was not familiar with the territory,
    > was that everytime I would say "Show gas prices" it would
    > show "whorehouses"...
    >
    > I don't even know if I could get by with charging that off
    > as an expense in this auditing environment, so I called my
    > team leader back in Denver...
    >
    > He said that we'd already rented plenty of storehouses in
    > the area and he would eMail me a list of them...
    >
    > I responded "welcome to the digital age" and hung up.
    >
    > I just got a bottle of digitalis via FedEx...
    >
    > HTH.

    LOL You weren't down here installing Air Conditioners by any chance
    were you? Texas is getting ready for Climate Disturbance. <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Sep 20, 2010
  4. Bucky Breeder

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:24:59 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/20/2010 1:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> So, when I was in Texas on a contract, the only 2 week rental they had
    >> available was a Ford Fiesta with all the voice recognition
    >> paraphernalia...
    >>
    >> Sync... I'm not a big fan.
    >>
    >> The problem was, since I was not familiar with the territory, was that
    >> everytime I would say "Show gas prices" it would show "whorehouses"...
    >>
    >> I don't even know if I could get by with charging that off as an
    >> expense in this auditing environment, so I called my team leader back
    >> in Denver...
    >>
    >> He said that we'd already rented plenty of storehouses in the area and
    >> he would eMail me a list of them...
    >>
    >> I responded "welcome to the digital age" and hung up.
    >>
    >> I just got a bottle of digitalis via FedEx...
    >>
    >> HTH.
    >>

    > LOL You weren't down here installing Air Conditioners by any chance
    > were you? Texas is getting ready for Climate Disturbance. <g>

    We're enjoying Climate Disturbance here. Highs in the mid to upper 80's.
    I'll put what I have to do on hold today and go for a nice soothing ride
    in the country on my bike.

    Meat Plow, Sep 21, 2010
  5. Bucky Breeder

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/21/2010 9:48 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:24:59 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/20/2010 1:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> So, when I was in Texas on a contract, the only 2 week rental they had
    >>> available was a Ford Fiesta with all the voice recognition
    >>> paraphernalia...
    >>>
    >>> Sync... I'm not a big fan.
    >>>
    >>> The problem was, since I was not familiar with the territory, was that
    >>> everytime I would say "Show gas prices" it would show "whorehouses"...
    >>>
    >>> I don't even know if I could get by with charging that off as an
    >>> expense in this auditing environment, so I called my team leader back
    >>> in Denver...
    >>>
    >>> He said that we'd already rented plenty of storehouses in the area and
    >>> he would eMail me a list of them...
    >>>
    >>> I responded "welcome to the digital age" and hung up.
    >>>
    >>> I just got a bottle of digitalis via FedEx...
    >>>
    >>> HTH.
    >>>

    >> LOL You weren't down here installing Air Conditioners by any chance
    >> were you? Texas is getting ready for Climate Disturbance.<g>

    > We're enjoying Climate Disturbance here. Highs in the mid to upper 80's.
    > I'll put what I have to do on hold today and go for a nice soothing ride
    > in the country on my bike.

    Sounds good to me.

    OldGringo38, Sep 21, 2010
  6. OldGringo38 <> via news:i78cea$nq0$-
    september.org:

    > On 9/20/2010 1:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >>
    >> So, when I was in Texas on a contract, the only 2 week
    >> rental they had available was a Ford Fiesta with all
    >> the voice recognition paraphernalia...
    >>
    >> Sync... I'm not a big fan.
    >>
    >> The problem was, since I was not familiar with the territory,
    >> was that everytime I would say "Show gas prices" it would
    >> show "whorehouses"...
    >>
    >> I don't even know if I could get by with charging that off
    >> as an expense in this auditing environment, so I called my
    >> team leader back in Denver...
    >>
    >> He said that we'd already rented plenty of storehouses in
    >> the area and he would eMail me a list of them...
    >>
    >> I responded "welcome to the digital age" and hung up.
    >>
    >> I just got a bottle of digitalis via FedEx...
    >>
    >> HTH.

    > LOL You weren't down here installing Air Conditioners by any chance
    > were you? Texas is getting ready for Climate Disturbance. <g>

    All those dark illegal aliens bringin' the heat wave
    wit' 'em... Better get yer landscaping done before
    the INS figgers it oot, ehh?

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Sep 21, 2010
  7. Bucky Breeder

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/21/2010 12:55 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> via news:i78cea$nq0$-
    > september.org:
    >
    >> On 9/20/2010 1:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, Bucky Breeder wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>>
    >>> So, when I was in Texas on a contract, the only 2 week
    >>> rental they had available was a Ford Fiesta with all
    >>> the voice recognition paraphernalia...
    >>>
    >>> Sync... I'm not a big fan.
    >>>
    >>> The problem was, since I was not familiar with the territory,
    >>> was that everytime I would say "Show gas prices" it would
    >>> show "whorehouses"...
    >>>
    >>> I don't even know if I could get by with charging that off
    >>> as an expense in this auditing environment, so I called my
    >>> team leader back in Denver...
    >>>
    >>> He said that we'd already rented plenty of storehouses in
    >>> the area and he would eMail me a list of them...
    >>>
    >>> I responded "welcome to the digital age" and hung up.
    >>>
    >>> I just got a bottle of digitalis via FedEx...
    >>>
    >>> HTH.

    >> LOL You weren't down here installing Air Conditioners by any chance
    >> were you? Texas is getting ready for Climate Disturbance.<g>

    > All those dark illegal aliens bringin' the heat wave
    > wit' 'em... Better get yer landscaping done before
    > the INS figgers it oot, ehh?
    >
    > HTH.

    LOL

    OldGringo38, Sep 21, 2010