    on our laptop PCs other than to go to each one individually? Or is there a
    hack that will allow me to use WCN on a domain PC?

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJCdW5zZW4=?=, Aug 1, 2005

  2. First I think it is important to point out something. There are some
    serious security and scalability implications with implementing
    passphrase-based keys (PSK) in an enterprise environment. Any wireless with
    knowledge of the passphrase will have access to the network until the
    passphrase is changed. Changing the passphrase will require (manually in
    most cases) reconfiguring every client and access point.

    I recommend that you explore an 802.1x based solution especially since you
    have already implemented a domain. You can even use Windows logon
    credentials as the authentication mechanism. Restricting users from the
    wireless network can be managed with Active Directory, access points will
    only have to be configured once, and when coupled with WPA or WPA2 offer the
    most secure capabilities available at this time.

    The following links should be useful:
    General wireless info:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/networking/wifi/default.mspx

    Information on designing and deploying a wireless network.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...Kit/87383ea4-bfbb-47da-8e4f-21145139780e.mspx

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Aug 1, 2005

  3. One more quick note: you can use Group Policy to distribute wireless
    profiles to all of the clients if you choose to utilize an 802.1x based
    solution.

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Aug 1, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RHJCdW5zZW4=?=

    Colin Guest

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:17:24 -0700, "DrBunsen"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm needing to setup our WPA-PSK security key on all our domain laptops
    >(running WinXp SP2). The easiest way would seem to've been to use the
    >Windows Connect Now utility, but it tells me that I can't use it on a PC
    >that's a member of a domain. (Dumb dumb dumb....)
    >
    >Since that's intentionally limiting me, what can I use to setup our WPA-PSK
    >on our laptop PCs other than to go to each one individually? Or is there a
    >hack that will allow me to use WCN on a domain PC?
    >
    >Thanks!

    I can't get wireless encryption to work, either. But found this product -
    www.lucidlink.com Do you want to try it and let us know if it works as
    advertised?

    Colin, Aug 1, 2005