    a while, and didn't have this problem, but prefer Firefox on most
    counts. Have had this problem for many successive updates.

    TIA Jim

    Jim, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Jim

    Z Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > IS there any extenstion, or any other good suggestion for how to
    > schedule an automated backup of the user profile folder I use in
    > firefox. The main concen here is to a have a fairly recent backup of
    > a well populated history.dat file, sinceall the historyt continues to
    > disappear at annoying frequency even in v1.5. I went with Mozilla for
    > a while, and didn't have this problem, but prefer Firefox on most
    > counts. Have had this problem for many successive updates.

    If you're running XP Pro or Home, you can have Windows Backup backup the
    Firefox Profile folder as often as you want.

    Z, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Jim

    gwtc Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > IS there any extenstion, or any other good suggestion for how to
    > schedule an automated backup of the user profile folder I use in
    > firefox. The main concen here is to a have a fairly recent backup of
    > a well populated history.dat file, sinceall the historyt continues to
    > disappear at annoying frequency even in v1.5. I went with Mozilla for
    > a while, and didn't have this problem, but prefer Firefox on most
    > counts. Have had this problem for many successive updates.
    >
    > TIA Jim

    not really automatic but you can create a batch file. Have the batch
    file start FF, then when you close it, it will start your zip program
    and backup the entire profile.

    gwtc, Apr 3, 2006