    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    , Dec 29, 2006

  2. Cgiorgio Guest

    Most Ricoh Digicams have that function, minimum interval is 30 seconds,
    maximum 3 hours - you will need some form of external power supply for
    really long sessions. No WiFi however.

    Cgiorgio, Dec 29, 2006

  3. Mike Russell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
    > a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
    > being tethered to a PC?
    >
    > That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
    > wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
    > memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
    > automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?

    My Nikon CoolPix 8700 will do this. No Wifi.
    ---
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Dec 29, 2006
  4. Cynicor Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
    > a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
    > being tethered to a PC?

    Nikon D200 has a built-in intervalometer.

    > That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
    > wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
    > memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
    > automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?

    Nikon D200 has an optional wifi attachment.

    Cynicor, Dec 29, 2006
  5. > Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
    > a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
    > being tethered to a PC?

    If Canon is your thing you can get a TC80N3 remote timer which does what
    you want and a whole lot more:

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/tc-80n3.shtml

    Impossibly useful gadget!

    --
    Derek Fountain on the web at http://www.derekfountain.org/

    Derek Fountain, Dec 29, 2006
  6. ray Guest

    On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:25:03 -0800, anthropocentric wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
    > a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
    > being tethered to a PC?
    >
    > That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
    > wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
    > memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
    > automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    My Kodak P850 can be set to take up to 99 pictures at intervals from 10
    seconds to 24 hours. I have not yet tried this feature.

    ray, Dec 29, 2006
  7. Ron Hunter Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
    >> a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
    >> being tethered to a PC?

    > Nikon D200 has a built-in intervalometer.
    >
    >> That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
    >> wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
    >> memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
    >> automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?

    > Nikon D200 has an optional wifi attachment.

    I can't imagine why such a feature isn't a standard on all digital
    cameras. It would provide a good salable feature with nothing but
    firmware to implement. Even better, it would sell batteries!
    So why isn't it on every camera?

    Ron Hunter, Dec 29, 2006
  8. John Turco Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Are there any digital cameras out there that can be programmed to take
    > a picture at a regular interval (say, every 15 minutes?) - WITHOUT
    > being tethered to a PC?
    >
    > That is, I could just place the camera somewhere and plug it into the
    > wall (for power) and it will take pictures every 15 minutes until the
    > memory card is full (OR, for bonus points, the pictures are
    > automatically transferred via WIFI to a computer)?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hello,

    No Wi-Fi, but my Kodak P850 can do time-lapse, according to its
    user's manual:

    "Camera takes specified number of pictures (2-99) at specified
    intervals (10 seconds-24 hours; 60 seconds-24 hours in TIFF
    & RAW."

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Dec 30, 2006
  9. Guest

    Thank you everyone for your help.

    Now a third criteria, after receiving all of these helpful answers?

    Any inexpensive point-and-shoot type camera's out there with an
    intervalometer?

    , Dec 30, 2006