automatically sorting JPGs by EXIF information.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Greg Thurtle, Dec 13, 2003.

  1. Greg Thurtle

    Greg Thurtle Guest

    Hi Folks,
    I know there are programs that let you display/sort your JPGs by EXIF
    information. What i'm looking for is something slightly different. I
    want to re-order all my files into organised directorys like:

    yyyy/mm/dd

    Currently they are in folder like:

    21st birthday party
    christmas 2002

    etc.

    so this means going through all my directorys and creating all the
    relevant NEW directorys and copying to them based on the EXIF info.

    Before i make a start i was wondering whether anyone has written
    anything like this already?

    Cheers,

    Greg
    Greg Thurtle, Dec 13, 2003