    in at the office. Anyone know of a way to have Win2k/XP automatically
    disable the wireless connection when it sees a wired connection?
    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFydA==?=, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Change the hard ware profiles: 1 called office withe the nic enable and the
    wireless disabled. the other called home, with the wireless enabled and the
    nic disabled. At least that way the user will have to see while profile is
    going to be loaded when he powers. Also se the auto start so that if they
    ignore the option the boot up does not automatically start the top one on
    the list.

    Mike (MCP)

    Michael Wilson, Jul 9, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmFydA==?=

    Mike Fields Guest

    > > Have users who use wireless at home, then forget to disable it when they

    plug
    > > in at the office. Anyone know of a way to have Win2k/XP automatically
    > > disable the wireless connection when it sees a wired connection?
    > > Thanks!

    > No built-in way in XP. Need to roll your own.
    > --PA

    No way possible to make it do that (there that should get
    someone to write a quick utility to do exactly that -- sounds
    like a good idea.) I would imagine a number of people would
    like to see that sort of utility.

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Jul 9, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmFydA==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Pavel A., Jul 9, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QmFydA==?=

    oldguy Guest

    Hi,

    This utility has already been written by someone for Toshiba notebook users.
    It's called Network Device Switch. I've been using it on my Toshiba for
    quite a time happily. There's no reason why someone else should write it for
    other brands/other hardware. For further information, see Toshiba web site,
    support section, downloads.

    Good luck,
    Engin

    oldguy, Jul 11, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QmFydA==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "oldguy" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > This utility has already been written by someone for Toshiba notebook users. It's called Network Device Switch. I've been
    > using it on my Toshiba for quite a time happily. There's no reason why someone else should write it for other brands/other
    > hardware. For further information, see Toshiba web site, support section, downloads.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Engin

    Not only Toshiba. Earlier Centrino WLAN adapters came with similar
    utility from Intel.
    However all solutions of this kind have problems, and have been abandoned by their vendors.
    A good solution is expected to be the emerging standard IEEE 802.21

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jul 12, 2005