    Thank you in advance for all replies.
    in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
    it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.
    Daniel Prince, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Daniel Prince

    Dave Guest

    Re: Automatically controlling where a file will be saved based onfile extension and/or origin

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > I would like Mozilla to automatically save exe files in one
    > directory, zip files in another directory and html in a third etc. Is
    > this possible? If it is, how would I go about doing it.
    >
    > It would also be nice if files from web site X automatically went
    > into directory X. Is this possible? If it is, how would I go about
    > doing it.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for all replies.

    Hi Daniel

    I haven't used this particular extension but I remembered having seen it
    when looking through the extensions lists.

    I think it should do what you require - it's called Download Sort and
    can be found at
    http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/downsort/index.html

    Cheers
    Dave

    Change to Firefox - rediscover the Web
    www.mozilla.org/products/firefox
    www.spreadfirefox.com
    Dave, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Dave <> wrote:

    >I think it should do what you require - it's called Download Sort and
    >can be found at
    >http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/downsort/index.html

    Thank you. This looks like just what I want but the install file is
    for Firefox 2.5. Can I use it with Mozilla 1.6 or 1.7?

    If not, how different is Firefox from Mozilla? If I change over to
    Firefox, will I be able to keep my preferences?
    Daniel Prince, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Daniel Prince

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > Dave <> wrote:
    >

    >>I think it should do what you require - it's called Download Sort and
    >>can be found at
    >>http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/downsort/index.html

    > Thank you. This looks like just what I want but the install file is
    > for Firefox 2.5. Can I use it with Mozilla 1.6 or 1.7?
    >
    > If not, how different is Firefox from Mozilla? If I change over to
    > Firefox, will I be able to keep my preferences?

    Apologies Daniel - I seem to be a bit Firefox obsessed nowadays.

    This link

    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/downsort

    shows an install for Mozilla, but I haven't tried it.

    I moved over to Firefox when FF reached 0.8 (I think). As a browser
    there isn't a big difference with Mozilla, except it is a stand-alone
    browser, no email or composer.

    The best Mozilla functions, like tabbed browsing, are all there.

    I really like FF and Thunderbird for email.

    Anyway, I hope that link is useful.

    Da\/e

    Dave, Dec 9, 2004
  5. Dave <> wrote:

    >I moved over to Firefox when FF reached 0.8 (I think). As a browser
    >there isn't a big difference with Mozilla, except it is a stand-alone
    >browser, no email or composer.

    I do not use the email or composer in Mozilla. I will probably
    switch if I can keep my preferences. Do you know if I can?
    Daniel Prince, Dec 10, 2004
  6. Daniel Prince

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > Dave <> wrote:
    >

    >>I moved over to Firefox when FF reached 0.8 (I think). As a browser
    >>there isn't a big difference with Mozilla, except it is a stand-alone
    >>browser, no email or composer.

    > I do not use the email or composer in Mozilla. I will probably
    > switch if I can keep my preferences. Do you know if I can?

    Hi Daniel

    I assume you mean changing settings by typing about:config in the
    address bar?

    If so, yep, you can do that in FF.

    As this link >
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Firefox_:_FAQs_:_About:config_Entries

    says - Many of the entries (preferences) that appear in Firefox will
    also apply to Mozilla and vice versa.

    I don't know if you can transfer your existing preferences across to FF
    from Moz, but my betting is that you can. Any hints anyone?

    Da\/e

    Dave, Dec 10, 2004
  7. Dave <> wrote:

    >This link
    >
    >http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/downsort
    >
    >shows an install for Mozilla, but I haven't tried it.

    I just tried that link and after the warning message I got an error
    message saying: "Not a valid install package". I tried the FireFox
    installation and got a message saying: "install script not found".

    I found a message from the author saying that the Mozilla version
    has not worked for a while. It looks as if I will have to switch
    over to FireFox if I want to use Download Sort.
    Daniel Prince, Dec 11, 2004