    assigning an SSID, Encryption method and Network Key to a wireless network
    during installation of Windows XP SP2? I've googled all over the Internet and
    come up against a blank wall.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2UgVy4gRGFyYnk=?=, Sep 29, 2007

  2. I'm not a developer so I can't confirm if this will give you everything you
    need, but go here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/wifi/wififaq.mspx

    And look at the second question under "Wireless Auto Configuration."

    --
    Steve Riley

    http://blogs.technet.com/steriley
    http://www.protectyourwindowsnetwork.com

    Steve Riley [MSFT], Sep 29, 2007

  3. "Steve Riley [MSFT]" wrote:

    > I'm not a developer so I can't confirm if this will give you everything you
    > need, but go here:

    Steve,

    While I hadn't seen the faq page, the information it linked to I have and it
    won't help me because, as you, I am not a developer. :) But there was a link
    on one of the pages I followed that looks extremely promising. I'll need to
    get it to one of our dev's to see if they can work out a method whereby we
    can get the job done. Thanks much for the lead!

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2UgVy4gRGFyYnk=?=, Sep 30, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2UgVy4gRGFyYnk=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Bruce,

    For managed environments, it is better that all laptops be equipped with
    same wireless device & driver that supports managed setup.
    For one, PROset software for Centrino wi-fi adapters can do what you need -
    a proven, real life solution, free of any Windows domain or group policy complications.
    Other vendors may have similar solutions.
    The worst thing is if you let all users install their random mix of adapters and software.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 2, 2007
  5. Thanks Pavel. I'll check that out. I'm not averse to trying to learn a
    little scripting, but major programming is outside my area of expertise at
    the moment. :)

    Bruce

    Bruce W. Darby, Oct 2, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2UgVy4gRGFyYnk=?=