    I want the TV to see the cable box signal.

    Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display the
    newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.
    Justin, Aug 12, 2007

  2. Justin

    Stan Brown Guest

    Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400 from Justin
    <>:
    > Using composite RCA video....
    > Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable Box
    > and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
    > automatically switches back to the cable box.
    > Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
    > buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns off,
    > I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
    >
    > Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display the
    > newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

    I think one of those remotes with macro capability will do what you
    want. Program it to turn off the DVD and switch the TV's input to the
    cable box, with one button press.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Aug 12, 2007

  3. On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400, "Justin" <>
    wrote:

    >Using composite RCA video....
    >Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable Box
    >and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
    >automatically switches back to the cable box.
    >Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
    >buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns off,
    >I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
    >
    >Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display the
    >newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

    Are you AND your parents really so fucking stupid and or lazy that you
    cannot press a switch like the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD?
    ChairmanOfTheBored, Aug 13, 2007
  4. On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:24:39 -0400, Stan Brown
    <> wrote:

    >Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400 from Justin
    ><>:
    >> Using composite RCA video....
    >> Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable Box
    >> and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
    >> automatically switches back to the cable box.
    >> Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
    >> buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns off,
    >> I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
    >>
    >> Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display the
    >> newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

    >I think one of those remotes with macro capability will do what you
    >want. Program it to turn off the DVD and switch the TV's input to the
    >cable box, with one button press.

    Or program it such that when the stop or power off "button" for the DVD
    player is pressed, it does that function, as well as switching the source
    line.
    ChairmanOfTheBored, Aug 13, 2007
  5. Justin

    Justin Guest

    "Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    > Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400 from Justin
    > <>:
    >> Using composite RCA video....
    >> Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable
    >> Box
    >> and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
    >> automatically switches back to the cable box.
    >> Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
    >> buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns
    >> off,
    >> I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
    >>
    >> Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display
    >> the
    >> newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

    > I think one of those remotes with macro capability will do what you
    > want. Program it to turn off the DVD and switch the TV's input to the
    > cable box, with one button press.

    > http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    > DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
    > other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

    Hmm.

    Interesting, but I doubt that would work. I would rather use a switchbox
    like theone described.
    Justin, Aug 13, 2007
  6. Justin

    GMAN Guest

    In article <f9o7a8$dbv$>, "Justin" <> wrote:

    >"Stan Brown" <> wrote in message
    >> Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400 from Justin
    >> <>:
    >>> Using composite RCA video....
    >>> Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable
    >>> Box
    >>> and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
    >>> automatically switches back to the cable box.
    >>> Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
    >>> buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns
    >>> off,
    >>> I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
    >>>
    >>> Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display
    >>> the
    >>> newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

    >> I think one of those remotes with macro capability will do what you
    >> want. Program it to turn off the DVD and switch the TV's input to the
    >> cable box, with one button press.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
    >> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    >> DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
    >> other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

    >Hmm.
    >
    >Interesting, but I doubt that would work. I would rather use a switchbox
    >like theone described.

    Try the RCA VH915, it has an autoscan feature that will lock onto the curent
    video source. Its from 2001 but you can find them at amazon and ebay etc.....
    GMAN, Aug 14, 2007