    how can I set up a modem so that it will automatically disconnect from the
    web after a certain period of time?
    Thanks

    A, May 8, 2005

  2. A

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 14:49:03 GMT, "A" <> wrote:

    >how can I set up a modem so that it will automatically disconnect from the
    >web after a certain period of time?
    >Thanks

    Guess that depends on the operating system and how you are connecting
    to the internet.

    Evan Platt, May 8, 2005

  3. A

    Barney Guest

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 08:44:17 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sun, 08 May 2005 14:49:03 GMT, "A" <> wrote:
    >
    >>how can I set up a modem so that it will automatically disconnect from the
    >>web after a certain period of time?
    >>Thanks

    > Guess that depends on the operating system and how you are connecting
    > to the internet.

    control panel/internet options/connections/settings/properties or
    advanced/set the idle time. Hopefully you want to disconnect when the
    connection has been idle for a period of time. If you want the kids to go
    to bed after a certain am, you either have to set your clock and start
    yelling or try a freeware program for them to work at disableing.

    Barney, May 8, 2005
  4. A

    John Holmes Guest

    Barney <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sun, 08 May 2005 08:44:17 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 08 May 2005 14:49:03 GMT, "A" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>how can I set up a modem so that it will automatically disconnect
    >>>from the web after a certain period of time?
    >>>Thanks

    >> Guess that depends on the operating system and how you are connecting
    >> to the internet.

    > control panel/internet options/connections/settings/properties or
    > advanced/set the idle time. Hopefully you want to disconnect when the
    > connection has been idle for a period of time. If you want the kids to
    > go to bed after a certain am, you either have to set your clock and
    > start yelling or try a freeware program for them to work at
    > disableing.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!
    You ****.

    --
    Your mother was a fractious airhead who formed a support group on a canal
    boat.

    John Holmes, May 8, 2005