    the current date.

    I only have Word 2000 here.

    ..
    Rolf, Feb 8, 2008

  2. Rolf

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing Rolf <> bada bang:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My daugther asked i I could help her find out how to fix MSWord 2007 so that
    > dates inserted in documents by the automatic feature when the document is
    > created can be fixed so that they stay permanent when the document is
    > reopened at a later date? At present, the dates are automatically updated to
    > the current date.
    >
    > I only have Word 2000 here.

    I'm answering from memory, so this might be a little thin.

    Right click on the date field and choose an option that looks
    like it will let you edit the field. You will then have the
    choice of putting in the current date, last saved date, printed
    date.

    From the right click menu you should be able to set it to a date
    string rather than a field, if this is what you want.

    Mike "basically: right click something" Yetto
    --
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas.
    - William of Ockham
    Mike Yetto, Feb 8, 2008

  3. Rolf

    Jim McCARDLE Guest

    Hi, in Word 2007 if you click on the tab labeled "INSERT" you will see
    (on the right hand side of the screen an option to insert the Date in
    a variety of settings or ways. It is in the box called TEXT.
    I think the only way to do it automatically would be to create a blank
    page and insert the date field where you want it and then save this
    page as a template. Try using the help fweture in woed if you are not
    sure.
    Hope this helps.
    J McC

    Jim McCARDLE, Feb 8, 2008
  4. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    "Jim McCARDLE" <> wrote in message

    > On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:21:29 -0500, Mike Yetto <>
    > wrote:

    I thank you both; I think that armed with what you have suggested I will be
    able to implement a solution at my next visit to her.

    Rolf
    Rolf, Feb 9, 2008
  5. Rolf

    lwcooper

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Hi, I know this post is old but it came across my path and I see the answer was not found. In Word 2007 if you click on the tab labeled "INSERT" you will see
    several options to insert the date. On the bottom right there is a box to be checked that has update automatically listed. Click on this box and automatically update each time you open the page.

    Louise Cooper
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    lwcooper, Sep 11, 2012