  1. Windows XP SP2 still automatically connects to a wireless network even when
    Connect when this network is in range is unchecked. How do I stop Windows
    from automatically connecting to a wireless network?
    =?Utf-8?B?VGltb3RoeSBIb2x0?=, Sep 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGltb3RoeSBIb2x0?=

    DanR Guest

    On the "Wireless Networks" tab... does the network in question have the word "On
    demand" or "Manual" after the network name? I believe you want it to read
    "Manual". However change to "Manual" seems to be a bit convoluted. I don't
    recall this being the case in the past but try this:
    If the checkbox for "Connect when in range" is unchecked... CHECK it. See if the
    network in question now says "Manual". If so click OK. Go back and see if the
    setting stuck. Of course this "Network" should NOT be at the top of the list.
    I'm assuming that you have a preferred wireless network that you "always" want
    to connect to. If you don't you may have to turn off your wi-fi. Or possibly set
    up a bogus wireless network that doesn't exist and put it at the top of the list
    with the "network in question" not at the top and is set to "manual".
    Try this and let us know if it worked.

    DanR, Sep 4, 2005