Automatic banning based on MB usage

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Talyn, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. Talyn

    Talyn Guest

    Are you talking about Qouta Limits?
    This of course would be only native to Windows 2003.

    HTH

    Talyn

    automatic ban should a
    >user go over a specified MB limit.
    >
    >Let's say a user hits 700MB downloads he must be banned

    automatically.

    Talyn, Sep 3, 2004

  2. In article <5de901c491fa$40a62ba0$>, says...
    > Are you talking about Qouta Limits?
    > This of course would be only native to Windows 2003.

    Not so. Quota limits are native to 2000, as well.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 3, 2004

  3. Talyn

    Talyn Guest

    My mistake... Thanks for the correction. I keep
    forgetting that. It is the shadow copy function that was
    new to 2003.

    Thanks

    Talyn

    Talyn, Sep 4, 2004
  4. "Talyn" wrote:

    > My mistake... Thanks for the correction. I keep
    > forgetting that. It is the shadow copy function that was
    > new to 2003.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Talyn

    Banned from downloading. Or surfing th web getting mail etc. I apologise,
    could have sworn I used that along with the 700MB example.

    So basically once a user downloads 700MB worthof data his access to the
    internet is blocked until the 1st of the month.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Sep 4, 2004
  5. circa Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:37:15 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Talyn () said,

    > My mistake... Thanks for the correction. I keep
    > forgetting that. It is the shadow copy function that was
    > new to 2003.
    >
    > Thanks

    You're most welcome.

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 4, 2004
  6. circa Sat, 4 Sep 2004 03:03:04 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=
    () said,

    > "Talyn" wrote:
    >
    > > My mistake... Thanks for the correction. I keep
    > > forgetting that. It is the shadow copy function that was
    > > new to 2003.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Talyn

    Well, you could implement quotas, specifically the part wherein an
    alert is sent, and you could execute a script to block Internet
    access, depending on how the user is accessing the Internet, I guess.
    We'd really need a bit more specific detail regarding the network and
    operating systems in question.

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 4, 2004