    I've scoured the web for such a tool but have so far come up empty.

    I'm wondering if anyone has a pointer to such a tool? Thanks
    in advance for any help!

    Christopher, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Christopher

    Don Coon Guest

    How would you expect this program to work? IOW, how would you write the
    code?

    If you're expecting a program to locate all eyes in an image, check them for
    redeye, then correct then, I'm sure this is all but impossible.

    Computer aided is the best you'll get.

    Good Luck!

    Don Coon, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Christopher

    Guest

    On 1 Oct 2003 11:09:37 -0700, (Christopher)
    wrote:

    >I've got a large collection of digital images that have
    >redeye problems. What I'd like to do is pipe them
    >through a program that automatically removes the redeye.
    >Ideally this would be a linux/unix tool.
    >
    >It's okay if this program occassionally misses - I've got many
    >images and for this task speed is more important than absolute
    >precision.
    >
    >I've scoured the web for such a tool but have so far come up empty.
    >
    >I'm wondering if anyone has a pointer to such a tool? Thanks
    >in advance for any help!

    The closest you'll probably come to this is something like the redeye
    filter that I extracted from a Photodeluxe program and works in
    Photoshop. You just run a selection box around the eye, hit the filter
    and away goes the red. It's a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it works
    well, sometimes not. It depends on the picture. Good quality works
    well. Pixellated grainy crap not so well. As for the level of
    automation that you require............

    MJ

    , Oct 2, 2003