    tia

    steve

    , Dec 23, 2004

  2. Canongirly Guest

    Hi Steve

    File>Automate>Picture Package

    Then under "Page size" select a different size paper(click on the arrow to
    the right of the shown size). Then when you click on the arrow at the right
    of Layout you'll see other layouts. Some of the layouts in the sub directory
    are for A4, others are for 10x8, 7x5, 8x6 etc etc etc.

    What you're seeing at the moment is the default layouts available for
    whatever the default paper is.

    Whilst you're navigating the toolbar go to Help and select search, type in
    "layouts" or "picture package" and you'll get a help file that'll tell you
    how to make your own if you find the default layouts too limiting.

    ONE BIG THING TO REMEMBER.

    After you've run the package maker amd before you try to print it/burn it to
    a cd save it whatever FLATTEN the layers (it's an action already on board
    PS) Layer>FlattenLayers. If you plan to save it save as whatever.jpg you'll
    find it'll print a hell of a lot quicker than the PSD file it'll try to save
    it as by default.

    Oh and before you ask if there is a way to get it (PS) to save the package
    with the original filename into another folder there is but you have to be
    very familiar with writing photoshop scripts. I had a computer geek write
    one for me.

    If printing set the resolution to "300 pixels/inch", mode should be "RGB
    Colour." and if saving set the compression to 6, you really won't notice
    any difference above this, it'll just take longer to send the file to the
    printer. Same applies if you plan on burning the image(s) to a cd and
    whisking it off to your nearest digitally equipped lab.

    Canongirly, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Guest

    hi ..

    thanks for the detailed help ...it seems in analyzing the txt files
    that are the heart of the pre-setup layouts that they are also for 8.5
    x 11 but don't show up when in that drop down box - i'll have to look
    again ...

    being basically a lazy person i was trying to avoid making my own
    layouts if others exist but i may have to bite the bullet :) ... like
    an 8.5 x 11 of all 2x3" images (wallet size) ...

    thanks again ...this is really the best newsgroup!

    steve

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:54:26 -0000, "Canongirly" <> wrote:

    >Hi Steve
    >
    >File>Automate>Picture Package
    >
    >Then under "Page size" select a different size paper(click on the arrow to
    >the right of the shown size). Then when you click on the arrow at the right
    >of Layout you'll see other layouts. Some of the layouts in the sub directory
    >are for A4, others are for 10x8, 7x5, 8x6 etc etc etc.
    >
    >What you're seeing at the moment is the default layouts available for
    >whatever the default paper is.
    >
    >Whilst you're navigating the toolbar go to Help and select search, type in
    >"layouts" or "picture package" and you'll get a help file that'll tell you
    >how to make your own if you find the default layouts too limiting.
    >
    >ONE BIG THING TO REMEMBER.
    >
    >After you've run the package maker amd before you try to print it/burn it to
    >a cd save it whatever FLATTEN the layers (it's an action already on board
    >PS) Layer>FlattenLayers. If you plan to save it save as whatever.jpg you'll
    >find it'll print a hell of a lot quicker than the PSD file it'll try to save
    >it as by default.
    >
    >Oh and before you ask if there is a way to get it (PS) to save the package
    >with the original filename into another folder there is but you have to be
    >very familiar with writing photoshop scripts. I had a computer geek write
    >one for me.
    >
    >If printing set the resolution to "300 pixels/inch", mode should be "RGB
    >Colour." and if saving set the compression to 6, you really won't notice
    >any difference above this, it'll just take longer to send the file to the
    >printer. Same applies if you plan on burning the image(s) to a cd and
    >whisking it off to your nearest digitally equipped lab.
    >

    ><> wrote in message
    >> in the automated picture package there are only 2 types of picture
    >> packages to choose from and yet there are many in the subdirectory
    >> presets/layouts: how do i use these already made layouts?
    >>
    >> tia
    >>
    >> steve

    , Dec 24, 2004