Automated backups to CDRW

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mark Foster, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Mark Foster

    Mark Foster Guest

    Hi

    I've tried several different backup software but keep running into the same
    problem

    I want several folders to be backed up to CDRW at a set time every night
    without me having to do anything

    The problem is that all the back up programs i've tried, write data to the
    windows xp temporary burning folder but don't actually start the burning
    process which I'd have to start manually

    I hoped Nero would have some sort of automated backup ability but it seems
    not to

    Anyone reccomennd any software or a windows trick to actually start the
    process of writing to the cdrw?

    Many thanks

    Mark
    Mark Foster, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Mark Foster

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mark Foster said:

    > Hi
    >
    > I've tried several different backup software but keep running into the same
    > problem
    >
    > I want several folders to be backed up to CDRW at a set time every night
    > without me having to do anything
    >
    > The problem is that all the back up programs i've tried, write data to the
    > windows xp temporary burning folder but don't actually start the burning
    > process which I'd have to start manually
    >
    > I hoped Nero would have some sort of automated backup ability but it seems
    > not to
    >
    > Anyone reccomennd any software or a windows trick to actually start the
    > process of writing to the cdrw?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Mark

    Use a macro?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    Brian H¹©, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Have you tried the InCD UDF packet writer that comes with Nero?

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Mark Foster

    JR Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:24:50 +0100, "Brian H¹©" <>
    wrote:

    > John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions said:
    >
    >> Have you tried the InCD UDF packet writer that comes with Nero?
    >>

    >That part of Nero is total crap, as it only takes the slightest of hiccups to
    >corrupt the contents of a RW disc.

    Yes, if you are going to use this method, make sure you keep 2 CD-RWs.

    OTOH if you are doing a backup each day, you could take a punt that
    most of them will be OK, so you might only lose a day or so's data at
    any one time.

    jd
    JR, Jul 24, 2003