    could run something else if that would work better.

    Thanks in advance.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 14, 2007

  2. Steve Freides

    John Holmes Guest

    Steve Freides "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I got a request today - something that would refresh a web page already
    > open on the user's desktop at a predefined interval, e.g., every 15
    > minutes.
    >
    > Anyone know of anything that can do this? The user runs IE 7 now but
    > could run something else if that would work better.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > -S-

    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,180,000 for refresh web page automatically.
    (0.21 seconds), you lazy ****.

    --
    Your mother was an impudent airhead who came to terms with her sexuality
    at the local cinema.

    John Holmes, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Steve Freides

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:15:29 -0400, "Steve Freides"
    <> wrote:

    >I got a request today - something that would refresh a web page already
    >open on the user's desktop at a predefined interval, e.g., every 15
    >minutes.
    >
    >Anyone know of anything that can do this? The user runs IE 7 now but
    >could run something else if that would work better.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    FireFox.

    Plugin: Reload Every <X> where x is a user defined number of seconds
    or minutes.

    Evan Platt, Jun 14, 2007
  4. Steve Freides wrote:

    > I got a request today - something that would refresh a web page
    > already open on the user's desktop at a predefined interval, e.g.,
    > every 15 minutes.
    >
    > Anyone know of anything that can do this? The user runs IE 7 now but
    > could run something else if that would work better.

    Do you have control over the web page? (You said "a web page.") If so,
    try this instead of depending upon individual users to have scripts and
    plugins.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_refresh

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 14, 2007
  5. Steve Freides

    Guest

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote:

    >I got a request today - something that would refresh a web page already
    >open on the user's desktop at a predefined interval, e.g., every 15
    >minutes.
    >
    >Anyone know of anything that can do this? The user runs IE 7 now but
    >could run something else if that would work better.

    Opera has a list of times that you can select to refresh (reload) a
    page; or select custom and put in your own time
    www.opera.com

    Why do people still use IE!!

    --

    Caught by the camera...
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52qjv51

    , Jun 14, 2007
  6. Steve Freides

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-14, Steve Freides <> wrote:
    > I got a request today - something that would refresh a web page already
    > open on the user's desktop at a predefined interval, e.g., every 15
    > minutes.
    >
    > Anyone know of anything that can do this? The user runs IE 7 now but
    > could run something else if that would work better.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    The Opera browser has a global setting in 'Tools - Preferences - Advanced -
    History - Check if cached page is updated on the server'; there are two
    sections, 'Check documents' and 'Check images', each with a drop-down list
    of alternatives including for example 'Every 10 minutes' but ranging from
    'Every week' to 'Every 5 minutes' (or 'Never' or 'Always' too). This is
    not one of the things that can be set in individual site preferences, so
    the refresh takes place for all open pages ('tabs').

    Other browsers may have similar features.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 14, 2007