    If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction I would
    greatly appreciate it...

    Thanks
    pi1220, Nov 12, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    pi1220 <> wrote:
    :I'm looking for a way to automate Backups of router configs to a
    :server.
    :One not I don't have Cisco Works.
    :I was wondering if there are any tricks or maybe a small app that will
    :go out and collect them every night or once a week.

    :If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction I would
    :greatly appreciate it...

    Put up a tftp server, and use snmp to trigger the router to tftp
    to the server.
    --
    Everyone has a "Good Cause" for which they are prepared to Spam.
    -- Roberson's Law of the Internet
    Walter Roberson, Nov 12, 2003

  3. pi1220

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    "pi1220" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a way to automate Backups of router configs to a
    > server.
    > One not I don't have Cisco Works.
    > I was wondering if there are any tricks or maybe a small app that will
    > go out and collect them every night or once a week.
    >
    > If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction I would
    > greatly appreciate it...

    Kiwi CatTools?

    Ivan
    Ivan Ostres, Nov 12, 2003
  4. pi1220

    Scooby Guest

    I have my own demand for this and have seen enough requests for something
    like this. So.... I'm putting together a simple command line utility that
    will do just that - you can use the windows scheduler to automate the
    process. I had tested the basic functionality some time ago and it works
    well. Now, I'm just putting it together into a usable program. I'll be
    happy to distribute this to anyone who wants when it is done, and will post
    here how to get it.

    There should be a beta copy within the next few days. If you are interested
    in helping to test, please let me know.
    Email me: geminitools [at] earthlink.net

    Jim

    Scooby, Nov 12, 2003