    Or is there some file that my preferences are stored in, that I could
    modify the file and then run the program from batch?

    , Dec 30, 2004

  2. Clyde Guest

    wrote:
    > I just purchased a new camera that shoots in raw format. I would like
    > to convert the raw images to adobe's DNG format. I have downloaded the
    > tool which is pretty easy to use, but I was wondering if there was
    > anyway to automate it in batch. For instance, I would like to be able
    > to type at a command line
    >
    > DNG_Convert directory_1 directory_2
    >
    > This would convert the whole of directory 1 and place the files into
    > directory 2. Is there any way to do something like this?
    >
    > Or is there some file that my preferences are stored in, that I could
    > modify the file and then run the program from batch?

    What tool are you talking about? The "Adobe DNG Converter" that I
    downloaded does everything in batch. It works on a whole folder and puts
    it into the folder that you select. What more batching do you want?

    Clyde

    Clyde, Dec 30, 2004

  3. John Bean Guest

    On 30 Dec 2004 06:21:22 -0800, wrote:

    > I just purchased a new camera that shoots in raw format. I would like
    > to convert the raw images to adobe's DNG format. I have downloaded the
    > tool which is pretty easy to use, but I was wondering if there was
    > anyway to automate it in batch. For instance, I would like to be able
    > to type at a command line
    >
    > DNG_Convert directory_1 directory_2
    >
    > This would convert the whole of directory 1 and place the files into
    > directory 2. Is there any way to do something like this?
    >
    > Or is there some file that my preferences are stored in, that I could
    > modify the file and then run the program from batch?

    No, this has been asked (and answered authoritatively) in the Adobe DNG
    forum. If you pass it a directory name on the command line it will populate
    the source directory but there's no way to do anything more other than
    interactively.

    --
    John Bean

    The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass (Martin
    Mull)

    John Bean, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Clyde Guest

    John Bean wrote:
    > On 30 Dec 2004 06:21:22 -0800, wrote:
    >

    >>I just purchased a new camera that shoots in raw format. I would like
    >>to convert the raw images to adobe's DNG format. I have downloaded the
    >>tool which is pretty easy to use, but I was wondering if there was
    >>anyway to automate it in batch. For instance, I would like to be able
    >>to type at a command line
    >>
    >>DNG_Convert directory_1 directory_2
    >>
    >>This would convert the whole of directory 1 and place the files into
    >>directory 2. Is there any way to do something like this?
    >>
    >>Or is there some file that my preferences are stored in, that I could
    >>modify the file and then run the program from batch?

    > No, this has been asked (and answered authoritatively) in the Adobe DNG
    > forum. If you pass it a directory name on the command line it will populate
    > the source directory but there's no way to do anything more other than
    > interactively.

    If it was answered authoritatively in the Adobe DNG forum, why are you
    asking us?

    I'm sorry, it never occurred to me that I needed to script a batch tool.
    Doing a batch of files all in one folder works very well interactively
    for me. I get a whole bunch done at once. At the most I've done 2 or 3
    folders at a time. Scripting it would only save me a few seconds. So, why?

    If you have dozens of folders that you need to do, write a script to put
    them all in one folder, then convert, then move them all back. I would
    think that script would take much longer to develop than to just run the
    program.

    It sounds like you are looking for a solution without a problem.

    Clyde

    Clyde, Dec 31, 2004
  5. John Bean Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:24:28 GMT, Clyde wrote:
    > It sounds like you are looking for a solution without a problem.

    I'm looking for nothing. Get your attribution right before you start
    mouthing off.

    Fuckwit.

    --
    John Bean

    The wine urges me on, the bewitching wine, which sets even a wise man to
    singing and to laughing gently and rouses him up to dance and brings forth
    words which were better unspoken (Homer)

    John Bean, Dec 31, 2004
  6. Guest

    In message <6rVAd.257477$5K2.102990@attbi_s03>,
    Clyde <> wrote:

    >What tool are you talking about? The "Adobe DNG Converter" that I
    >downloaded does everything in batch. It works on a whole folder and puts
    >it into the folder that you select. What more batching do you want?

    It has to be operated in the GUI, though. It is very limited in the way
    you can use it, and it is dumb enough to keep making duplicates of
    everything that has already been converted. If you run it multiple
    times on a directory with only one raw file in it, it will snowball, as
    it doubles the number of files with every pass; 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 8 -> 16.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Jan 1, 2005
  7. Guest

    In message <>,
    wrote:

    >In message <6rVAd.257477$5K2.102990@attbi_s03>,
    >Clyde <> wrote:
    >
    >>What tool are you talking about? The "Adobe DNG Converter" that I
    >>downloaded does everything in batch. It works on a whole folder and puts
    >>it into the folder that you select. What more batching do you want?

    >It has to be operated in the GUI, though. It is very limited in the way
    >you can use it, and it is dumb enough to keep making duplicates of
    >everything that has already been converted.

    .... and conversions of previous conversions, as well.

    >If you run it multiple
    >times on a directory with only one raw file in it, it will snowball, as
    >it doubles the number of files with every pass; 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 8 -> 16.

    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Jan 1, 2005