autoGK when selecting 1 pgc it does all pgc's

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by nstott1982@gmail.com, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Guest

    ok looking for a little help with this cool program

    im trying to convert a downloaded dvd into xvids due to the large
    amound of space dvd's require

    when i tell autoGK to open the ifo it asks me to select a PGC so i
    select PGC 1 (30mins) then do this for 2 - 6 adding each job as i go
    along. when i run the conversion it does the full 3h dvd to one 350mb
    xvid 6 times. (takes along time to find it aint worked)

    ive also tried doing each vob (still did whole 3h)

    also tried doing each vob in its own folder which did the 1st episode +

    10mins of the next. (guessing the episodes overlap one vob file (5vobs

    6 episodes)

    any sugestions on how or why his is happening and any work arounds on
    points in the right direction

    it does say the episodes are 30mins when selecting the PGC from opening

    the ifo file.

    Video info: MPEG2 720x576 PAL 16:9 letbox PGC 1. Length: 0:29:20:22

    why it doing all pgc's?
    , Apr 10, 2006

  2. Bob Guest

    On 10 Apr 2006 04:06:41 -0700, wrote:

    >when i tell autoGK to open the ifo it asks me to select a PGC so i
    >select PGC 1 (30mins) then do this for 2 - 6 adding each job as i go
    >along. when i run the conversion it does the full 3h dvd to one 350mb
    >xvid 6 times. (takes along time to find it aint worked)
    >
    >ive also tried doing each vob (still did whole 3h)
    >
    >also tried doing each vob in its own folder which did the 1st episode +
    >
    >10mins of the next. (guessing the episodes overlap one vob file (5vobs
    >
    >6 episodes)
    >
    >any sugestions on how or why his is happening and any work arounds on
    >points in the right direction

    Visit the AGK forum:
    http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=28
    They will be able to help you.

    Try using VideoReDo or something similar to break out Mpegs and then
    use AGK to process each one. You will lose subtitles but then you did
    not mention you wanted them.

    --

    "A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
    It keeps him upright."
    Bob, Apr 10, 2006

  3. Guest

    ive tried that one but you need to be a member for 5days before you can
    post

    ive used dvd decriptor to re rip the dvd-r iso to the computer and that
    seems to have split it right. running a conversion now to see if its
    worked

    thanx for you advice anyway :)
    , Apr 10, 2006
  4. Bob Guest

    On 10 Apr 2006 07:48:48 -0700, wrote:

    >ive tried that one but you need to be a member for 5days before you can
    >post

    I know - what a stupid thing.

    >ive used dvd decriptor to re rip the dvd-r iso to the computer and that
    >seems to have split it right. running a conversion now to see if its
    >worked

    You can use DVD Shrink to rip it to VOBs which AGK can deal with
    individually.

    Bob, Apr 10, 2006
  5. Bob Guest

    On 10 Apr 2006 07:48:48 -0700, wrote:

    >ive tried that one but you need to be a member for 5days before you can
    >post

    Nevertheless if you have found a real bug, you should report it so we
    all benefit.

    Bob, Apr 10, 2006
  6. Guest

    im not totaly sure it is a bug with the software have a feeling it is
    more a bug in the way the dvd-r has been created the job is well
    underway now and should be completed by tomorrow saved me a good 10gb+
    yay

    thanx for the tips tho will bear them in mind if i have anymore problems
    , Apr 11, 2006