    Toolbar was more accurate, but I don't want to install that device. Is
    there a similar, but better extension available? An extension that doesn't
    take up real estate with it's own toolbar.
    History Fan, May 12, 2006

  2. History Fan

    R Hickey Guest

    Try http://www.roboform.com/ it works well for me.
    R Hickey, May 12, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "R Hickey" <> wrote in message
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in
    >
    >> ...Is there a similar, but better
    >> extension available? An extension that doesn't take up real estate

    > Try http://www.roboform.com/ it works well for me.

    Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I just tried another extension called
    InFormEnter, and its even worse than Autofill.
    History Fan, May 12, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    > "R Hickey" <> wrote in message
    >> "History Fan" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> ...Is there a similar, but better
    >>> extension available? An extension that doesn't take up real estate

    >> Try http://www.roboform.com/ it works well for me.

    > Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I just tried another extension called
    > InFormEnter, and its even worse than Autofill.

    Just installed Roboform. It creates its own toolbar, a feature I
    didn't want.
    History Fan, May 12, 2006
  5. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > I'm using FF 1.5.0.3 on a XP Home SP2 computer, DSL connection.
    >
    > For a long time, I've been using the Autofill extension (
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/184/ ). It fills in your private data at
    > web sites that require such info. The extension is easy to setup and use.
    > However, I have found its accuracy to be a bit sloppy. Example: I visit a
    > website that needs my email address. I click the Autofill button, and my
    > name is inserted instead. This happens more than I care for. The Google
    > Toolbar was more accurate, but I don't want to install that device. Is
    > there a similar, but better extension available? An extension that doesn't
    > take up real estate with it's own toolbar.

    you can find some answers here and maybe someone to contact and ask
    your questions to: http://autofill.mozdev.org/

    --
    Things I learned from my Mother

    Tip #9. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
    "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

    Tip #10. My mother taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
    "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

    Tip #11. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
    "Stop acting like your father!"
    gwtc, May 12, 2006
  6. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > you can find some answers here and maybe someone to contact and ask your
    > questions to: http://autofill.mozdev.org/

    That's probably the best solution. I just signed up for their mailing
    list and sent an email detailing some of the problems I've encountered.
    Hopefully I'll get a reply. Autofill is a nice extension, I would just like
    to see it's accuracy upgraded.
    History Fan, May 12, 2006
  7. History Fan

    R Hickey Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in

    > Just installed Roboform. It creates its own toolbar, a
    > feature I didn't want.

    Maybe I didn't understand you or else my version of RoboForm is different
    for some reason (it's the latest version).

    On my Windows XP system, the Roboform "toolbar" installs itself in the
    already-existing toolbar at the top where all the other buttons, etc. are.

    Is that what you are considering "its own toolbar" or is it creating a
    separate toolbar? Mine just fits right in amongst the other stuff.
    R Hickey, May 13, 2006
  8. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "R Hickey" <> wrote in message
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> Just installed Roboform. It creates its own toolbar, a
    >> feature I didn't want.

    > Maybe I didn't understand you or else my version of RoboForm is different
    > for some reason (it's the latest version).
    >
    > On my Windows XP system, the Roboform "toolbar" installs itself in the
    > already-existing toolbar at the top where all the other buttons, etc. are.
    >
    > Is that what you are considering "its own toolbar" or is it creating a
    > separate toolbar? Mine just fits right in amongst the other stuff.

    Roboform created its own separate toolbar on my computer, taking up
    more space. Plus I didn't like all the extra plug-ins the program requires.
    The Autofill extension is flawed, but is probably the best I can hope for
    right now.
    History Fan, May 13, 2006
  9. History Fan

    bassbag Guest

    In article <62d7d$4465f8fc$48311160$>,
    says...
    > "R Hickey" <> wrote in message
    > > "History Fan" <> wrote in
    > >>
    > >> Just installed Roboform. It creates its own toolbar, a
    > >> feature I didn't want.

    > > Maybe I didn't understand you or else my version of RoboForm is different
    > > for some reason (it's the latest version).
    > >
    > > On my Windows XP system, the Roboform "toolbar" installs itself in the
    > > already-existing toolbar at the top where all the other buttons, etc. are.
    > >
    > > Is that what you are considering "its own toolbar" or is it creating a
    > > separate toolbar? Mine just fits right in amongst the other stuff.

    > Roboform created its own separate toolbar on my computer, taking up
    > more space. Plus I didn't like all the extra plug-ins the program requires.
    > The Autofill extension is flawed, but is probably the best I can hope for
    > right now.

    Roboform only requires the one extension to work in firefox.If you dont
    want to view the toolbar all you have to do is firefox>view>toolbars>
    untick roboform.Roboform still works whether the toolbar is showing or
    not.
    me
    bassbag, May 15, 2006