    2.0 users have tried installing this extension and if it works?

    You would think Mozilla or even the IE team at Microsoft would make an
    autofill of forms a regular part of their browsers.

    History Fan, Oct 21, 2006

  2. History Fan wrote:
    > One extension I rely on quite a bit is Autofill
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/184/
    >
    > Its accuracy could be improved. But unlike similar Firefox extensions,
    > Autofill doesn't take up real estate with its own toolbar. Just a toolbar
    > icon.
    >
    > However, Autofill hasn't been updated in quite some time, and the URL
    > above doesn't mention any compatibility with FF 2.0. Just wondering if any
    > 2.0 users have tried installing this extension and if it works?
    >
    > You would think Mozilla or even the IE team at Microsoft would make an
    > autofill of forms a regular part of their browsers.

    Have you tried Roboform?

    http://www.roboform.com/

    I don't use it, but people swear by it. It usually takes them a week or
    so to get a version working with a new release, so I don't know about
    using it with the RC.

    As for AutoFill, I looked at their Mozdev project page, and its been
    nearly two years since its been updated.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 21, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > Have you tried Roboform?
    >
    > http://www.roboform.com/
    >
    > I don't use it, but people swear by it. It usually takes them a week or
    > so to get a version working with a new release, so I don't know about
    > using it with the RC.
    >
    > As for AutoFill, I looked at their Mozdev project page, and its been
    > nearly two years since its been updated.
    >
    > Lee

    Roboform has gotten good reviews, but I believe it comes with its own
    toolbar. I liked Autofill because it was merely a small icon on the FF
    toolbar. Nice and simple. However, like you say, Autofill hasn't been
    updated in a long time, so an alternative may soon be required. One review
    of Autofill at the FF extension page mentioned a incompatibility problem
    with FF 2.0.

    History Fan, Oct 21, 2006
  4. History Fan

    SteveG Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    >> Have you tried Roboform?
    >>
    >> http://www.roboform.com/
    >>
    >> I don't use it, but people swear by it. It usually takes them a week or
    >> so to get a version working with a new release, so I don't know about
    >> using it with the RC.
    >>
    >> As for AutoFill, I looked at their Mozdev project page, and its been
    >> nearly two years since its been updated.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Roboform has gotten good reviews, but I believe it comes with its own
    > toolbar. I liked Autofill because it was merely a small icon on the FF
    > toolbar. Nice and simple. However, like you say, Autofill hasn't been
    > updated in a long time, so an alternative may soon be required. One review
    > of Autofill at the FF extension page mentioned a incompatibility problem
    > with FF 2.0.

    I use RoboForm all the time and it's great. You can turn the toolbar off
    and still use RF's form fill features by right clicking in the first
    field to be filled and selecting "Fill Form" from the resulting menu.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Oct 22, 2006
  5. History Fan

    bassbag Guest

    In article <957e4$453a8bd3$48311160$>,
    says...
    > > Have you tried Roboform?
    > >
    > > http://www.roboform.com/
    > >
    > > I don't use it, but people swear by it. It usually takes them a week or
    > > so to get a version working with a new release, so I don't know about
    > > using it with the RC.
    > >
    > > As for AutoFill, I looked at their Mozdev project page, and its been
    > > nearly two years since its been updated.
    > >
    > > Lee
    > >

    > Roboform has gotten good reviews, but I believe it comes with its own
    > toolbar. I liked Autofill because it was merely a small icon on the FF
    > toolbar. Nice and simple. However, like you say, Autofill hasn't been
    > updated in a long time, so an alternative may soon be required. One review
    > of Autofill at the FF extension page mentioned a incompatibility problem
    > with FF 2.0.

    You dont have to have roboform toolbar enabled , in firefox.It can be run
    just from the sys tray icon...which is how i use it.
    me

    bassbag, Oct 22, 2006
  6. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    > One extension I rely on quite a bit is Autofill
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/184/
    >
    > Its accuracy could be improved. But unlike similar Firefox
    > extensions, Autofill doesn't take up real estate with its own toolbar.
    > Just a toolbar icon.
    >
    > However, Autofill hasn't been updated in quite some time, and the URL
    > above doesn't mention any compatibility with FF 2.0.

    I installed an extension called Nightly Tester Tools that disables
    Firefox's compatibility checking. I have since installed AutoFill and it
    works fine.

    History Fan, Oct 27, 2006
  7. History Fan wrote:
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> One extension I rely on quite a bit is Autofill
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/184/
    >>
    >> Its accuracy could be improved. But unlike similar Firefox
    >> extensions, Autofill doesn't take up real estate with its own toolbar.
    >> Just a toolbar icon.
    >>
    >> However, Autofill hasn't been updated in quite some time, and the URL
    >> above doesn't mention any compatibility with FF 2.0.

    > I installed an extension called Nightly Tester Tools that disables
    > Firefox's compatibility checking. I have since installed AutoFill and it
    > works fine.

    Just make sure that as soon as an true updated version comes out, you do
    update it. Otherwise, you will have to bump the extension with NTT
    every time a security release comes out.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 27, 2006