    Has anyone tried these?
    Any suggestions?

    Rv!

    Rv!, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Rv!

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Rv! wrote:

    > I do support in an internet cafe and run Ghost between users
    > to recover the systems to a known standard. This works great as
    > most client PC's are Windows 98se. The XP machines don't auto-
    > recover as they cannot be programmed to run an autoexec.bat script.
    >
    > Can XP use autoexec.bat?

    That's autoexec.nt on the NT based O/S.

    You can look it up using Google or go to the MS Knowledge Base on how to use
    the autoexec.nt.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Rv!

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > That's autoexec.nt on the NT based O/S.
    >
    > You can look it up using Google or go to the MS Knowledge Base on how
    > to use the autoexec.nt.
    >
    > Duane :)

    Autoexec.NT does not execute during startup. It executes when you open a
    dos box. What he is trying to do is restore a ghost image /every time the
    machine boots/. I honestly think the best solution is to stick a ghost
    floppy in there with the image on DVD or CD or whatever and just start it
    up manually when someone leaves.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Aug 25, 2004
  4. Rv!

    Rv! Guest

    > Autoexec.NT does not execute during startup. It executes when you open a
    > dos box. What he is trying to do is restore a ghost image /every time the
    > machine boots/. I honestly think the best solution is to stick a ghost
    > floppy in there with the image on DVD or CD or whatever and just start it
    > up manually when someone leaves.

    That's basically what they do now. When someone messes the machine up badly
    enough the boot floppy comes out and restores the PC. All of the older Win98
    PC's recover nice and quickly doing a restore via the autoexec.bat however
    XP
    isn't interested. I know it's possible to use Acronis True Image for this
    but as it's
    untested in the environment (by me), unknown and not immediately available I
    was hoping to stay away. I guess the boss will have to invest the small
    amount
    of cash needed.

    Thanks all.
    Robertv!