    a designjet 500 or laserjet 5000 on xp pro x64?

    Thanks
    Mike

    Mike, Jul 25, 2005

  2. I am running AutoCAD 2006 with no obvious problems. I believe that laserjet
    5000 is working.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Thanks for the post. We just bought a new Dell Precision 380 with windows xp
    pro x64. I have searched for documentation about AutoCAD LT and windows x64
    but NONE exists. I could not find out whether it works one way or another.
    We would initally be putting AutoCAD LT 2002 and upgrading in the near
    future to LT 2006. Drivers to our DesignJet 500 plotter are paramount. IF
    you have any info on plotter drivers that would be much appreciated because
    HP has none posted. I figure the laserjet drivers are included with windows.

    Thanks

    Mike

    Mike, Jul 26, 2005
  4. You probably know this, but the drivers included with Windows are provided
    by the manufacturer and not MS. The HP site would be the better source if
    available in any case. Many HP printers have a reference to x64 (driver,
    suggested alternative driver, or notation that no driver is yet available).
    The HP 500 and 500ps don't even have a reference to x64 so it does not look
    so good.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 26, 2005