    and the txt search window would automatically come up, now I
    have to manually hit CTRL-F.

    How do I set it back to automatic?

    Frank Rizzo, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Frank Rizzo wrote:
    > In the past I used to be able to start typing on a web page and the txt
    > search window would automatically come up, now I have to manually hit
    > CTRL-F.
    >
    > How do I set it back to automatic?

    What application are you talking about?

    If its FF 1.5, Tools>>Options>>Advanced

    General tab, check the box for Begin finding when you begin typing.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Frank Rizzo

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:29:28 +1300, in message
     <dng2tv$bma$>, Frank Rizzo wrote:

    > In the past I used to be able to start typing on a web page
    > and the txt search window would automatically come up, now I
    > have to manually hit CTRL-F.
    >
    > How do I set it back to automatic?

    1. Which browser/version are you asking about?

    2. These may have the answer for you (depending on browser and version)
    2.1 Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Accessibility
    [x] Use Find As You Type
    2.2 http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips.html#beh_taf
    2.3 http://www.mozilla.org/projects/ui/accessibility/typeaheadfind.html

    --
    Cheers
    Ralph Fox

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such an annoying thing?
    A: Top-posting.

    Ralph Fox, Dec 11, 2005