    I'm running Windows XP Pro.

    Thanks for any help.

    Global_Killa

    Global_Killa, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Global_Killa

    Basket Case Guest

    "Global_Killa" <> wrote in message
    news:c17reh$9sn$...
    > Hey,
    > Does anyone know of any good auto shutdown programs? I've tried a
    > program called AutoShutdown, but it either doesn't log my account off and
    > shutdown, or it will shutdown but not turn off the computer. It comes up
    > with the screen saying 'Its now safe to turn off your computer'.
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Global_Killa
    > "You're a victim of the rules you live by!"

    Is this an ATX system with ACPI enabled?

    Basket Case, Feb 21, 2004

  3. Global_Killa

    Global_Killa Guest

    > Is this an ATX system with ACPI enabled?

    What does this mean? How do I find out this information?

    Global_Killa, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Global_Killa

    Hank Guest

    > Hey,
    > Does anyone know of any good auto shutdown programs? I've tried a
    > program called AutoShutdown, but it either doesn't log my account off and
    > shutdown, or it will shutdown but not turn off the computer. It comes up
    > with the screen saying 'Its now safe to turn off your computer'.
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Global_Killa
    > "You're a victim of the rules you live by!"

    I use Windows Shutdown and works like a champ for me.
    It can be found at http://www.veitch.co.uk/shutdown

    Hank

    Hank, Feb 21, 2004
  5. Global_Killa

    Global_Killa Guest

    "Hank" <> wrote in message

    > I use Windows Shutdown and works like a champ for me.
    > It can be found at http://www.veitch.co.uk/shutdown
    >
    > Hank

    Thanks, good little program, but still getting the same problem. It logs off
    and shutdowns the computer then comes up with the screen 'Its now safe to
    turn your computer off'.

    Global_Killa, Feb 21, 2004
  6. Global_Killa

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Global_Killa" <> wrote in news:c17reh$9sn$1
    @news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

    > Does anyone know of any good auto shutdown programs? I've tried a
    > program called AutoShutdown, but it either doesn't log my account off and
    > shutdown, or it will shutdown but not turn off the computer. It comes up
    > with the screen saying 'Its now safe to turn off your computer'.

    PSShutdown from sysinternals.com, part of the free PSTools suite.

    Requires Windows NT,2000, or XP

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 22, 2004
  7. Global_Killa

    Trent© Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:57:52 -0000, "Global_Killa"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks, good little program, but still getting the same problem. It logs off
    >and shutdowns the computer then comes up with the screen 'Its now safe to
    >turn your computer off'.

    Contact your ISP...they'll show you how to configure yer machine for
    instant connectivity.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Mar 7, 2004