Auto run programs

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?TXVnc3k=?=, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. I have multiple programs start with windows (XP) that are not in the start up
    folder. How do I find and stop them?

    =?Utf-8?B?TXVnc3k=?=, Jul 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TXVnc3k=?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "Mugsy" <> wrote
    > I have multiple programs start with windows (XP) that are not in the start

    up
    > folder. How do I find and stop them?

    Check the run item in the registry and the win.ini.

    However, if you don't know what I mean by that, I wouldn't suggest you go
    messing around with the registry. Instead use uninstall or undo whatever you
    did to get them in there in the first place.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jul 25, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TXVnc3k=?=

    MF Guest

    "Mugsy" <> wrote in message
    >I have multiple programs start with windows (XP) that are not in the start
    >up
    > folder. How do I find and stop them?

    Previous reply a bit hasty. Not to mention completely incoherent.

    run your antivrust program. don't have one? get one and run it. delete
    anything it tells you it can't fix.

    then click start. click run. type "msconfig" without the quotes (assuming
    you are running XP). go to the furthest tab on the right "startyup". take
    the check mark out of every box next to every program you do not want to
    run.

    reboot. when you get the warning dialog box, put a check in the chekbox
    next to " do not show me this again."

    if that does not solve your problem, you have to get spybot search and
    destroy, Adaware Se, and
    HijackThis. Install and run them in that order, rebooting after each.
    Hopefully, after Adaware SE, your problems will be over, because hijackthis
    involves a learning curve. it's a little steep. but do not worry. the
    director of a computer education track i was teaching in once told me "
    anyone can learn anything." you would not believe the name of the world
    famous university in which this took place, so i will not mention it.

    MF, Jul 27, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TXVnc3k=?=

    Ray Guest

    Run

    Hi

    You will need to go to the registry for that

    Click start, run, regedi
    expand to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ru

    select the key on the right that you don't want to run and delete it

    Ray 8

    Ray, Nov 27, 2005
  5. RE: Run

    don't forget to backup the reg key first!! ;)

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm1zbWNzZQ==?=, Dec 8, 2005