    Cheers

    --
    www.a1poolandleisure.co.uk
    Bodysnatcher, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Bodysnatcher

    °Mike° Guest

    You want to automatically reply to an email that YOU
    have sent? <Boggle!>

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:56:58 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cbcnaa$8o9$>
    Bodysnatcher scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Bodysnatcher

    Bodysnatcher Guest

    Doh.
    No I want a program that automatically sends a response to a e-mail that has
    been sent, to me from someone else. Isn't that more obvious
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    --
    www.a1poolandleisure.co.uk

    Bodysnatcher, Jun 23, 2004
  4. Bodysnatcher

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Now that you have stated your question TWICE without making it perfectly
    clear (work on your punctuation...)

    I think what you're trying to say is:
    1) Someone sends you an email
    2) you want YOUR computer to send a message back to them

    It's built in to OE (this doesn't work if OE isn't running).

    Click on Tools, Message Rules, Mail, New:

    In the top box, scroll to the bottom and select "For All Messages" and put a
    checkmark in the box
    In the second box, scroll down to "Reply to Message"
    In the third box, follow the instructions to create your auto-reply
    Last box, give it a name "Out of office" or whatever.
    Finish up with Okay buttons as needed.

    Now, everytime you check your email, a message will go out automatically. So
    set OE to check your email at certain intervals, and minimize it.

    "Bodysnatcher" <> wrote in message
    > > Doh.
    > > No I want a program that automatically sends a response to a e-mail
    > > that has been sent, to me from someone else. Isn't that more obvious
    > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > > --
    > > www.a1poolandleisure.co.uk
    > > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > > > You want to automatically reply to an email that YOU
    > > > have sent? <Boggle!>
    > > >

    > > > On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:56:58 +0000 (UTC), in
    > > > <cbcnaa$8o9$>
    > > > Bodysnatcher scrawled:

    > > > --
    > > > Basic computer maintenance
    > > > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jun 24, 2004
  5. Bodysnatcher

    Bodysnatcher Guest

    It must be open day for smart arses.
    but thanks.

    --
    www.a1poolandleisure.co.uk

    Bodysnatcher, Jun 24, 2004
  6. Bodysnatcher

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I've been called worse ;o)
    And you're welcome!

    > > It must be open day for smart arses.
    > > but thanks.
    > >
    > > --
    > > www.a1poolandleisure.co.uk
    > > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > > Now that you have stated your question TWICE without making it
    > > > perfectly clear (work on your punctuation...)
    > > >
    > > > I think what you're trying to say is:
    > > > 1) Someone sends you an email
    > > > 2) you want YOUR computer to send a message back to them
    > > >
    > > > It's built in to OE (this doesn't work if OE isn't running).
    > > >
    > > > Click on Tools, Message Rules, Mail, New:
    > > >
    > > > In the top box, scroll to the bottom and select "For All
    > > > Messages" and put a checkmark in the box
    > > > In the second box, scroll down to "Reply to Message"
    > > > In the third box, follow the instructions to create your
    > > > auto-reply
    > > > Last box, give it a name "Out of office" or whatever.
    > > > Finish up with Okay buttons as needed.
    > > >
    > > > Now, everytime you check your email, a message will go out
    > > > automatically. So set OE to check your email at certain
    > > > intervals, and minimize it.
    > > >

    > > > "Bodysnatcher" <> wrote in message

    > > > --
    > > > "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go
    > > > where THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Jun 24, 2004
  7. Bodysnatcher

    Plato Guest

    Bodysnatcher wrote:

    > Hi can anyone recomend a way/program (hopefully free) that will
    > automatically send a reply to a e-mail sent?
    > Using OE6.

    You can open a new account at yahoo and use their vacation message
    function to auto send a personal reply to any incomming mail. Thing is,
    it's limited to ten lines of text or other but it works.

    Your ISP may also have a function called autoreply but you have to
    access it via their webmail interface to "program" it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 24, 2004