    --

    Rob
    "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"
    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Apr 27, 2006

  2. On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:46:26 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Robert R Kircher,
    Jr." <> wrote:

    >Not sure what happend to my original post. Sorry if this posts twice.
    >

    >Just added 3 galleries of photos from Bristol, TN. The weekend was pretty
    >grey and snowy but managed to get a few good shots.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/bristol_spring_2006
    >

    >Also added a gallery from the race shops in Charlotte, NC. If you're into
    >auto racing and have never seen a big dollar race shop, a few of these pics
    >may interest you.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/race_shops
    >
    >As always comments are welcome and encouraged.

    You wouldn't have made it out to VIR for the Rolex race this past weekend
    by any chance did you? I couldn't get away to make it.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Apr 27, 2006

  3. "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:46:26 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Robert R
    > Kircher,
    > Jr." <> wrote:
    >
    >>Not sure what happend to my original post. Sorry if this posts twice.
    >>

    >>Just added 3 galleries of photos from Bristol, TN. The weekend was pretty
    >>grey and snowy but managed to get a few good shots.
    >>
    >>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/bristol_spring_2006
    >>

    >>Also added a gallery from the race shops in Charlotte, NC. If you're into
    >>auto racing and have never seen a big dollar race shop, a few of these
    >>pics
    >>may interest you.
    >>
    >>http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/race_shops
    >>
    >>As always comments are welcome and encouraged.

    > You wouldn't have made it out to VIR for the Rolex race this past weekend
    > by any chance did you? I couldn't get away to make it.

    No I didn't but I'm headed to Richmond in a couple of weeks.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Apr 27, 2006
  4. Robert R Kircher, Jr.

    RustY© Guest

    "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <> wrote in message

    > As always comments are welcome and encouraged.

    I liked the 'shopping Trolley' - I'd shop at Food-City just for having seen
    that. I did expect to see a bit of movement though and all these shots
    appear to show the cars parked up. Maybe you should drop the shutter speed
    down to say 1/60th for a few, it would blur the background at least ?
    RustY©, Apr 27, 2006
  5. "RustY©" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> As always comments are welcome and encouraged.

    > I liked the 'shopping Trolley' - I'd shop at Food-City just for having
    > seen
    > that. I did expect to see a bit of movement though and all these shots
    > appear to show the cars parked up. Maybe you should drop the shutter
    > speed
    > down to say 1/60th for a few, it would blur the background at least ?

    Yes I would have liked a bit more motion too. The conditions were less then
    desirable, very cloudy and gray and I was quiet a long distance from the
    action which reduced the panning motion. Makes for nice sharp pics but not
    a lot of motion blur and at 400mm 1/60 shutter speed would be almost
    imposable to get sharp pics w/o some sort of support.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Apr 27, 2006