    on-line address book. Or send me, e- greetings cards and web page links via
    their site to this address. I'm trying to cut down on junk mailers getting
    my address. Thanks. www.btinternet.com/~godalming

    Roy, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Roy

    Richard Guest

    "Roy" <> wrote in message news:<cmvn8q$nio$>...
    > Hi all,
    > I have Norton Antivirus 2005. Every so often Auto Protect shuts itself
    > down. Is there a virus that will do this or is it just a software
    > problem?. Norton itself finds nothing. Any advice would be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Roy.
    > Untitled Document IMPORTANT PLEASE READ Please do not add my address to any
    > on-line address book. Or send me, e- greetings cards and web page links via
    > their site to this address. I'm trying to cut down on junk mailers getting
    > my address. Thanks. www.btinternet.com/~godalming

    I don't know much about NAV as I have not used (nor want to use) the
    program in years, but this seems to remind me of a problem I once had
    with F-Secure on an old desktop with 32 Mb RAM. F-Secure would
    randomly just shut itself down without warning. When I got extra
    memory, the problem was fixed :).

    Maybe NAV is using too much resources, so it crashes. If its an old
    pc, then extra RAM, or an alternate AV that uses less resources (e.g.
    NOD32, F-Prot, Sophos) should fix the problem.

    --
    visit my compter security website
    http://computer-security.no-ip.info

    Richard, Nov 25, 2004