    page as a 'next' link on it so I could write a macro like: select all text,
    copy to wordpad document, next. Is it possible to do this with IE Opera or
    Firebox?

    Martik, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Martik

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Try these
    http://www.google.com/search?source...ls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-12,GGLD:en&q=copy web pages

    pcbutts1, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Martik

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:42:23 GMT, Martik wrote:

    >I would like to download the text from approx 60 pages of a website. Each

    You do have permission?

    >page as a 'next' link on it so I could write a macro like: select all text,
    >copy to wordpad document, next. Is it possible to do this with IE Opera or
    >Firebox?

    Yes, it's called Perl, or keyboard macro recorder or web leacher /
    vacuum / crawler / offline reader.

    See the many previous posts in 24HSHD that mention apps for doing this.
    Several programs exist, WebZIP, HTTrack.

    http://www.tucows.com/offline95_default.html

    Me

    why?, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Martik

    trout Guest

    why? wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:42:23 GMT, Martik wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to download the text from approx 60 pages of a website.
    >> Each

    > You do have permission?

    <snip>

    Would not the publication on a website be 'permission'? After all,
    technically, he'd have to *download* it (if only to temp files) to read
    it, no?
    --
    Of course, what he then *did* with it would be a different matter.

    trout, Apr 28, 2005
  5. Martik

    Brian Guest

    why? wrote:

    >> I would like to download the text from approx 60 pages of a website.

    > You do have permission?

    For private home personal use, none is needed.

    Brian, Apr 28, 2005
  6. Martik

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:49:12 +1000, Brian wrote:

    >why? wrote:
    >
    >>> I would like to download the text from approx 60 pages of a website.

    >> You do have permission?

    >For private home personal use, none is needed.

    Even if said site, displayed a message to the opposite?

    Allowing for temp cache, which isn't the same as sucking pages down to
    make an offline copy.

    Me

    why?, Apr 28, 2005
  7. Martik

    Brian Guest

    why? wrote:

    >>> You do have permission?

    >> For private home personal use, none is needed.

    > Even if said site, displayed a message to the opposite?

    Yes.

    Brian, Apr 29, 2005
  8. Martik

    Martik Guest

    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:42:23 GMT, Martik wrote:
    >
    > >I would like to download the text from approx 60 pages of a website. Each

    > You do have permission?
    >
    > >page as a 'next' link on it so I could write a macro like: select all

    text,
    > >copy to wordpad document, next. Is it possible to do this with IE Opera

    or
    > >Firebox?

    > Yes, it's called Perl, or keyboard macro recorder or web leacher /
    > vacuum / crawler / offline reader.
    >
    > See the many previous posts in 24HSHD that mention apps for doing this.
    > Several programs exist, WebZIP, HTTrack.
    >
    > http://www.tucows.com/offline95_default.html

    These tools all grab specific file types, the text I want is embedded into
    the html code.

    Martik, Apr 29, 2005
  9. Martik

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:19:15 GMT, Martik wrote:

    >> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:42:23 GMT, Martik wrote:
    >>
    >> >I would like to download the text from approx 60 pages of a website. Each

    >> You do have permission?
    >>
    >> >page as a 'next' link on it so I could write a macro like: select all

    >text,
    >> >copy to wordpad document, next. Is it possible to do this with IE Opera

    >or
    >> >Firebox?

    >> Yes, it's called Perl, or keyboard macro recorder or web leacher /
    >> vacuum / crawler / offline reader.
    >>
    >> See the many previous posts in 24HSHD that mention apps for doing this.
    >> Several programs exist, WebZIP, HTTrack.
    >>
    >> http://www.tucows.com/offline95_default.html
    >>

    >These tools all grab specific file types, the text I want is embedded into
    >the html code.

    They (used mainly WebZIP) all grap , selectable file types. WZ has a
    list to pick from, so you untick all the media types leaving only
    HTML/HTM/ASP etc.

    Things are embedded in HTML code? How odd.

    You want to grab the HTML files, then strip out the text.

    Search recent posts, there was some mention of HTML code stripper
    utility, then again another look on tucows will help as well.

    Perl also has modules to lots of clever things,

    DAG: perl-HTML-Strip RPM packages for Red Hat/Fedora
    .... Perl module to strip HTML-like markup from text.. This module strips
    HTML-like markup

    Maybe you don't have RH/Fedora, then Google for the correct version.

    Perl CGI Programming FAQ
    .... Q4.6: How can I strip all the html tags from a document with a Perl
    substitute?
    Here is a simple regular expression that will strip HTML tags: ...
    www.perl.com/doc/FAQs/cgi/perl-cgi-faq.html - 54k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Me

    why?, Apr 29, 2005